The driver recruiter is responsible for recruiting and hiring qualified Class A commercial drivers who meet the company’s high standards as well as promoting the good reputation the company has earned through the years by interviewing prospect drivers at company’s facility or in the field. The Driver Recruiter will insure the retention and growth of any new driver as well as of any existing driver. The Driver Recruiter will work together with dispatchers and managers of each division to provide the appropriate training and tools to drivers for a successful and long-term relationship.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote the Company Mission Statement, Value Statement, “Principals for Success” and “Principals for Leadership” to new hires and colleagues and insure that they do the same.
- Evaluate all newly hired drivers to determine if they meet all job requirements and established goals. Help to improve areas of weakness to ensure that they meet standards of retention. Take appropriate and timely action of explanation, documentation, and job action when drivers do not meet standards of retention.
- Staff each position with the most qualified available candidate and, with turnover, always look to upgrade.
- Perform all work in a manner that exemplifies the principals of “Leading by Example”. Work diligently and manage time to meet or exceed established goals at or before the agreed timeframe.
- Recruitment of drivers from initial application: Receiving calls from prospective drivers and evaluating driver applicants. Providing prospect with information about pay, benefits, hiring standards and procedures. Conducting interviews with driver applicants. Screening all applications and processing drivers who meet State and Federal requirements as well as company qualifications, background check, DMV record and verifying past employment history.
- Responsible for road testing prospective drivers and qualifying their performance according to the FMCSR Part 391.31
- Responsible for sending drivers who successfully pass the road test to a pre-employment DOT drug screen.
- Responsible for designing and facilitating orientation to new drivers regarding company policies and procedures.
- Conducts follow-up interviews with hired drivers to assess satisfaction and working conditions.
- Responsible for Hazmat, electronic logbook, and defensive driving training for drivers during orientation and as needed.
- Assists managers and dispatchers with any issue departing from the compliance of the Federal and State regulations.
This position will require travel between CA, AZ, and NV.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of recruiting experience in the trucking industry with computer skills.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
- Experience organizing and facilitation new hire orientations
- Extensive knowledge of Elogs and HOS regulations
- Health Benefits after 60 days
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Driver Recruiting: 2 years