Globecomm is a leading connectivity provider of video, voice, and data to the most remote locations on Earth — and under the most treacherous conditions. The company’s comprehensive Satellite, Fiber, Cellular, and CDN infrastructure and services provide robust connectivity over Land, Sea, and Air with zero downtime for mission-critical RF and IP communications serving Government, Maritime, Media, Energy, Enterprise, Wireless, and IoT customers in over 100 countries. Along with world-class network system design and integration capabilities, Globecomm specializes in end-to-end hosted and managed services; broadcast and media infrastructure, virtualization, OTT, and IPTV solutions; cloud-based services for private network interactive training, distance learning, and corporate communications; and Satellite, Wireless, and Internet of Things/M2M solutions and services.
The Director, Sales Operations will be the principal liaison between the Commercial Sales Team, Program Management Office (PMO) and corporate finance, and will be responsible for the exchange of information with regard to sales forecasting, revenue forecasting, sales funnel reviews, reporting, tracking actuals vs. targets and budget, sales person quota reporting, Program issues that may impact costs, schedule, personnel resources, etc. This role will be responsible for working with the assigned Sales people, Program Managers from the PMO and the corporate finance team including CFO and CEO. This position will be accessible and responsive to their needs with regard to the day-to-day management of Globecomm’s Commercial Programs and performance with regard to bookings, billed revenue, associated implementation thereof in accordance with contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Support the assigned Program Managers in the successful delivery of projects/programs, through effective facilitation, tracking, and reporting.
- Support the sales teams with 30-60-90 day forecasts, pricing and deal reviews and annual budgets.
- Develop and approve monthly bookings and revenue forecasts to be delivered to finance.
- Ensure that all sales opportunities are properly tracked are realistic and up to date within Salesforce.
- Perform sales and funnel reviews with sales people and teams.
- Work closely with Vertical leaders from Maritime, Enterprise and Media, EMEA, and Systems Integration on bookings and revenue forecasting, reporting and sales person tracking.
- Ensure that all assigned programs/projects align with Globecomm’s business plan by working with Program Managers to monitor projects/programs to make sure they are on schedule and within budget.
- Effectively track and report project prioritization, status, metrics, and performance in accordance with the Commercial Business Unit business plan; maintain dashboard(s).
- Coordinate with PMO to ensure project management documentation, reports, and plans are accurate and complete.
- Assist with resolution of problems/issues between sales and finance, to ensure accurate and consistent forecasts.
- Assist Program Managers, as required, in working with Procurement, Contracts, and Legal teams to process all project-related documentation.
- Interact with PMO to assign resources based on availability, experience, and need.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant policies and procedures by the Commercial Business Unit sales teams and the PMO.
- Help facilitate transition of project responsibilities between Account Managers and Program Managers.
- Contribute to the process of hiring, training, and evaluating new employees.
- Coordinate with the Director of Procurement for the procurement process across Commercial Business Unit projects.
- Provide consolidated Business/ Financial data/reports to the Commercial Business Unit General Manager, including Revenue Forecasting, Gross Margins, Billing/Cash Forecasting, and ETC/EAC Analysis.
- Assist with Commercial Business Unit ROI metrics with regard to Capital Budget requests, R&D expenditure, and Bid & Proposal investments.
- Conduct financial reviews of new sales projects across the Commercial Business Unit’s budget. Create P&L’s for each new sales opportunity.
- Assist and lead with creating better and more efficient processes within SalesForce and financial planning.
- Assist with developing and presenting management presentations as required for assigned projects and programs.
- Build strong relationships with other business units and personnel of all levels.
- BS in Business, Engineering, or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years of sales experience within the communications industry.
- Experience with financial planning and reporting.
- Experience with SalesForce.
- Experience working within an international organization.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to build relationships and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels and departments; ability to effectively transfer technical information to non-technical teams.
- Understanding of business processes and basic corporate finance, management, and accounting principles.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
If you are a disabled individual or disabled Veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in applying for any posted position, please contact us at (631) 231-9800 or email@example.com.
- Masters in Business Administration, Engineering Management or equivalent.