Resident Services Manager
RTH Resident Services Division
Roxbury Tenants of Harvard Association, Inc. (RTH)
The Resident Services Manger’s (RSM) mission is to enable residents to live as independently and self-sufficiently as possible while maintaining their dignity and autonomy by informing them of available resources, assisting them in obtaining the services they choose to use and advocating for the resident when necessary. The RSM is committed to working with people in a way that is nonjudgmental, non-intrusive, confidential and that promotes resident empowerment autonomy and dignity. The RSM promotes safe living environments and encourages the growth of community to better meet the needs of individual residents in housing communities. The RSM is an intricate part of the housing and property team and plays a critical role in the overall positive maintenance of the property for the enjoyment of its residents and the respect of its neighbors. This may include enabling residents to be more fully successfully participating in the social, educational and economic mainstream.
Following established professional standards of practice and code of ethics, the RSM works to:
- Increase the ability of residents to uphold lease obligations (timely rent payments, proper unit maintenance and quiet and peaceful enjoyment of the property for residents and neighbors).
- Support efforts that enhance a resident’s quality of life, empower them and promote the resident’s independence and self-sufficiency.
- Build healthy communities through the active participation and cooperation of the management team, community agencies and residents.
- Facilitate the provision of program support and/or intervention to stabilize families in need through coordination with community resources.
The RSM as appropriate to the resident population and setting:
- Welcome new residents and explains the RSM program as well as appropriate and available community resources, programs and services.
- Identifies need for assistance; educates on available resources; links and connects residents with appropriate programs services as requested.
- Develops linkages with community service organizations and programs.
- Keeps current regarding available community resources, federal, state and local programs and fulfills required education and training requirements.
- Advocates for the residents and acts as liaison between residents and management as well as with community.
- Encourages residents’ self-advocacy and empowerment in meeting their social, psychological, physical, economic and other self-sufficiency needs.
- Works with management to help to preserve resident tenancy.
- Follows mandated reporting requirements according to adult and child protective state statues.
- Maintains appropriate resident files with proper documentation of information in a secure location to ensure privacy and confidentiality.
- Follows-up appropriately with residents.
- Evaluates the outcomes of the RSM program annually.
- Fulfills timely reporting requirements for state and federal agencies.
- Maintains an updates documentation in the (ETO) Efforts to Outcomes database
- Remains flexible and completes extra duties as assigned.
- MSW required or equivalent experience; LCSW / LICSW preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization and time management skills
- Experience working in a urban, community setting; preferably in housing
- Experience working with families of diverse ages, races, and abilities
- Strong leadership and community building skills
- Understanding of resources in the Boston area and experience navigate through regional non-profit and government agencies
- Knowledgeable about services available to assist people with a disability, housing, drug or alcohol abuse, domestic violence or mental health issues.
- Some supervisory experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of relevant state, federal and local resources and agencies
Bicultural, bilingual speakers encouraged to apply.
Please reply to:
Scott Amaral, Director of Resident Services
Roxbury Tenants of Harvard
11 New Whitney Street
Boston, MA 01215
(617) 232-0204 x503
Job Type: Full-time