Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of enterprise wide Information Technology (IT) services, including Desktop, Infrastructure, Platform and Application Windows services
The Systems Engineer will be primarily responsible for providing the physical/virtual server, desktop and storage infrastructure of the ATR enterprise. The candidate will provide engineering and integration support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the ATR-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for support to the ATR SOA team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
- Create/review technical designs and make cost-effective solution recommendations to the technical lead of the project.
- Bring an Innovative approach to the specialty field(s) of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting YOY CAPEX and OPEX costs.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 8 years experience, or a Master's degree and 6 years relevant experience. An additional 4 years experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
- At least 4 years of experience as an IT Infrastructure and Cloud Architect, with focus on Azure or AWS, cloud, server, storage and networking
- Experience with DevOPS, CI/CD Solutions
- Hands-on experience with Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration.
- Successfully complete a security investigation by the government.
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Certified Cloud Practitioner, Developer, or Solutions Architect
- Practitioner’s experience with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Connectors, APIs, RDS and Lambda services.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively across all organization levels.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the government to permit access to customer-sensitive information.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.