Full Job Description
Monthly Salary: $3,300.00 - $3,500.00**
Job Posting Number: 1248**
Opening Date: 02/05/2020**
- Closing Date: Open Until Closed***
- Number of Openings: 1*****
Who We Are:
The Employees Retirement System of Texas administers the benefits for State of Texas employees, retirees, and some employees of higher education institutions. These benefits, funded by participating members and the state, are an investment in the state workforce. More than 541,500 people rely on these benefits daily! The Front Desk Receptionist at ERS is a member of the Customer Service team and the first person everyone who enters our building will interact with. Our receptionist serves every division at ERS as we strive to make our mission a reality.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an experienced Front Desk Receptionist to perform advanced customer service work. To be successful as our Front Desk Receptionist, you will have a passion for serving people and be able to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a supportive team.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a strong sense of self awareness
- Be adaptable, especially under pressure
- Be a relationship-builder within a diverse workforce
- Be highly organized
- Be a problem solver
- Have a proven track record of good judgement and decision making at work
- Be hungry for feedback and have a professional approach to implementing it
What you will get:
The Front Desk Receptionist receives a competitive benefit and compensation package valued at $4,728 - $4,928 / month.
Starting Salary: $3,300 - $3,500 / month
Benefits Value: $1,428+ / month
o Defined Retirement Benefit Plan
o Optional 401(k) and 457 accounts
o Medical Insurance
o Optional Benefits such as dental, vision, and life insurance
o 8 hours sick leave per month
o 8 hours vacation per month with potential to earn more with longevity
o Additional PTO earning opportunities
o EAP services
In addition to the above compensation and benefits package, the front desk is operated from 7:15 am – 5:15 pm Monday through Friday, with our receptionist managing the desk from 7:15 am – 4:15 pm. This means no weekends or shift work! ERS closes for 9 holidays throughout the year, including Thanksgiving Day and the day after, as well as Christmas Eve through the Day after Christmas.
ERS employees receive free parking in the area, and we are in walking distance of many different bus routes, other public transportation options, different restaurants, and downtown Austin events and venues.
What you will do:
The receptionist performs advanced customer service work that involves coordinating external customer service support, receiving and responding to public inquiries for information and/or state services, and providing basic level benefit education, problem solving, and guidance to our members. Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Serves as receptionist for the agency. This includes receiving and processing visitors, discreetly authenticating their identity and notifying appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Responds to external customer inquiries. Educates ERS members regarding state employee benefits programs and online tools, and accepts and ensures forms and payments related to ERS matters are accurately processed and routed.
- Responds to internal customer inquiries. Initiates service requests and reports suspicious or inappropriate activity in the lobby or adjacent areas.
- Communicates with the public in person, by telephone, by e-mail or regular correspondence, by fax, or over the Internet.
- Coordinates the entry of visitor information into various databases.
- May develop and conduct training on front desk programs/processes.
- Develops and maintains operating procedures and guidelines.
- Explains rules, regulations, policies, and procedures concerning various benefits and services.
- Maintains supplies, forms and publications needed at the reception desk.
- Serves as back up to answering incoming calls for Executive Office.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- 1. Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent, plus 60 semester hours of college credit. Each year of full-time receptionist experience over the minimum requirement may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of college credit.
- 2. Three (3) years’ customer service experience in a professional office environment, identifying and resolving issues one on one with customers.
- 3. Two (2) years’ professional experience as a receptionist multi-tasking accurately and efficiently in a public setting.
- 4. Two (2) years’ experience managing complex personal/confidential customer interactions discretely in a public setting.
- 5. Two (2) years’ experience applying and explaining complex laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- 6. Three (3) years’ experience using Windows based computer software, including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- 7. Experience in human resource related field including health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan or other employee benefits.
- 8. College or professional coursework in human resources, insurance, retirement plans or other employee benefits.
- 9. Ability to type at least 45 words per minute.
P*LEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.*
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to Human Resources .
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There is no Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) code for this job classification. Please contact Human Resources with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,300.00 to $3,500.00 /month
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement