Role and responsibilities:
Manage all aspects of the BOH, including, but not limited to, ordering, staffing, scheduling, food preparation, order execution, cleaning, etc. Responsible for ensuring food quality and compliance with health standards, including receiving, daily inventory, par sheets and line checks, to ensure high, consistent quality food for our guests.
- Lead, train, and develop our approximately 6 BOH employees
- Effectively schedule BOH staff and control payroll costs
- Set a positive example for the team by leading from the front when necessary and maintaining a positive demeanor at all times, including during high volume or unusual events
- Effectively order food and restaurant supplies in order to control costs
- Ensuring par levels are accurate and up to date to ensure proper food inventory management and to assist in food cost oversight
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of menu items
- Understand and enforce all policies, procedures, and standards
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, knowledge, and the ability to meet expectations of guests and team members
- Ensure BOH cleanliness standards are being met at all times
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player with a positive attitude
- A solid work ethic
- 3+ years of kitchen "leadership" experience in a fast-paced, high volume, casual setting.
- A record of job stability
- Proven track record to lead and mentor
- Excellent management skills & organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and make quick decisions
- Must be ALL HANDS IN and able to work at every station (grill, sauté, fry) as needed
- Ability to work as a team with FOH staff
- Be comfortable with hiring, training and leading a small team.
- Experience with ordering food and restaurant supplies and controlling costs
- Experience with staff scheduling and controlling labor cost
- Must be able to work closing shifts and evenings plus Sundays.
- Able to work 9 hour-plus shifts, plus the ability to stand, sit, squat or walk for extended periods of time.
Required: SaveServe Food Handlers Certificate, Ability to speak and understand English.
Desirable but not required: Ability to speak and understand Spanish
Please note, this is not an Executive Chef position. This position requires “getting down in the trenches” as necessary, helping support the rest of the kitchen crew with prep, grill, etc. as needed.
Benefits: This position offers a competitive salary, an average 50 hour work week with 2 days off consecutively and paid vacation. We offer healthcare benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: kitchen management / kitchen lead : 3 years (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Please note that we will not be able to consider applicants who do not possess the experience listed above as this is a professional kitchen and commercial kitchen experience is required.
310B Main Street
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year