We are looking to hire an experienced electrical estimator to determine the costs of various electrical installations. The estimator’s responsibilities include determining how long each contracting job will last, researching market prices for project materials and equipment, and communicating with clients to determine the scope of each project. You should also be able to identify ways to continually improve cost-estimating procedures to reduce inconsistencies between estimated and actual project costs.
To be successful as an electrical estimator, you should be detail-oriented and have sound knowledge of electrical codes. Ultimately, an exceptional Electrical Estimator should be adept at reading building plans and demonstrate outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
Electrical Estimator Responsibilities:
- Analyzing blueprints.
- Determining the amount, type, and cost of materials and fixtures needed for each electrical project.
- Determining the amount of labor required to complete each project.
- Determining the potential profitability of electrical projects to assist management in making sound bidding decisions.
- Providing viable solutions to increase project profitability.
- Completing and submitting competitive project bids in accordance with established guidelines.
- Regularly updating cost databases to accurately reflect fluctuating material and labor costs.
- Evaluating labor and material costs to determine whether it is more feasible to construct electrical components or sub-contract the construction of components.
Electrical Estimator Requirements:
- Completion of a postsecondary education electrician training program.
- Bachelor's degree in construction science, engineering, construction management, or related field is a plus.
- Certification through the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE) or the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International is a plus.
- Valid electrician’s license is a plus.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,377.39 - $111,719.78 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person