Operations Manager - Immediate Hire Needed
Mavilo is a retailer of fine jewelry, loose diamonds and loose gemstones. Our showroom houses a collection of the latest designs in fine jewelry and engagement ring jewelry. For over 25 years Mavilo has been serving Tampa Bay and enjoys a great reputation for incredible prices, beautiful jewelry, and Legendary Service.
We offer our professional sales staff the latest in product knowledge technology, the latest in communication technology, large collections of jewelry customers are actually looking for, and our “Right Price First Guarantee.” We beat the online stores on price and quality.
Responsible for coordinating the technology and operational activities (“operations”) of the company, including methods, policies and procedures in all areas of operations and provides strategic vision, guidance and direction to operational officers who implement departmental objectives and programs in accordance with each department’s annual business plan.
Works with executive management and other offices to develop operational plans and implement operational policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve in a support role to the President providing vision and tactical support for all operational support functions.
- Oversees and participates in the development, maintenance and improvement of the policies, procedures, methods and guidelines for the company, with an emphasis on productivity, efficiency, superior client service and teamwork.
- Oversees and coordinates the various department heads related to operations to ensure that policies, methods and procedures are being properly followed.
- Oversees and participates in resolving unusual or major operational needs.
- Oversees and participates in the evaluation and analysis of, and approves, the purchase of the companies large, critical or substantial machinery and equipment (in accordance with established budget and approval authorities.)
- Works hand in hand with colleagues and the HR team to drive employee engagement, recruiting, efficiency and training etc.
- Evaluates our competitive position in the market and partner with Product and Sales to develop a strategy to address our risks and opportunities.
- Drives increased visibility for our leadership team into business performance and opportunities for growth, via scalable analytics, reports and dashboards.
- Participates in the short and long range planning processes for the company. Oversees and directs the short and long range planning for the departments under direct supervision. Assists other departments in their planning as they relate to the operational areas.
- Monitors and coordinates the education and training of company personnel in adhering to the companies operational policies and procedures.
“This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.”
- 4- Year Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BS or BA) preferably with a business or finance focus or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Jewelry Industry experience preferred; but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be proficient in Excel
Attributes for Success
- Is self-motivated with action and results delivery orientation; demonstrated initiative and accountability by willingness to assume additional duties other than assigned
- Effectively develops and supports change and innovation
- Consults, facilitates and builds relationships in order to foster partnership, collaboration & teamwork across all levels of the organization
- Works independently and with others to identify issues and develop solutions
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written/ verbal communication (listening, confidence, professionalism, persuasion) with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Is resourceful and flexible with regard to shifting priorities, new demands and challenges
- Inspires others
Preserve and enhance our culture in which the values of honesty, integrity, confidentiality, trust and respect are the underlying principles by which we work
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations: 5 years (Preferred)