The duties of a Legal Coordinator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work assigned files on a day-to-day basis to ensure information is updated such as suit filing date, service date, default date (or MSJ), judgment date and post-judgment execution.
- Ensure attorneys are properly, timely, and proactively updating files with notes such as collector notes and legal procedures;
- Monitor and follow-up with the firms on their collection performance (MTD recoveries, pace to hitting goal, etc).
- Ensure attorneys have all documentation and costs needed to proceed with suit;
- Review demand letters, lawsuits, all applicable motions, and actual court-stamped judgments;
- Review and notate files accordingly;
- Review attorneys paying files;
- Responsible for auditing and ensuring files are within compliance;
- Ensure attorneys are remitting collections to company timely and properly;
- Respond to attorneys inquiries;
- Maintain adherence to all company policies and procedures;
You will not be preparing pleadings and we are not looking for an Attorney. Full-time position. Competitive wages.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour