Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
Manage the provider recruitment, contracting, and serve as a liaison in the on-boarding of Physicians, Physician Assistant’s, and Nurse Practitioner’s within Duke Primary Care (DPC) that are comprised of more than 40 practices inclusive of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine-Pediatrics, Pediatrics, and Urgent Care. Position reports to the Manager of Provider & Physician Recruitment for Duke Primary Care and will assist in the creating and establishing a recruitment plan and strategy for the DPC network. Work in partnership with the EVP of Operations, Regional Medical Directors, Regional Directors, and Health Center Administrators for DPC to meet provider staffing needs. Must be able to apply skills and programmatic knowledge to independently solve complex recruitment opportunities. Must requirements will require some travel to conferences and have the ability to travel between practice site locations. Work may require occasional evenings & weekends.
Work with DPC Regional Medical Directors regarding provider recruitment needs and determining scope of timeline.
Participate in the development and execution of DPC recruitment strategies and work plan to achieve planned growth.
Must be able to create and extend employment job offers to prospect provides and have clear understand of employment terms.
Conduct SWOT analysis of assigned geographic territory and articulate to prospect candidates.
Manage all provider recruitment activities and processes for DPC as it relates to screening, sourcing, and interviewing candidates.
Oversee the coordination of itineraries for candidates which include flight, hotel, and transportation accommodations. Facilitate interviews with Regional Medical Directors and Administrators of DPC.
Ensure all providers are tracked and entered into applicant tracking database.
Participate in the design and enhancement provider recruitment and on-boarding processes including the development or policies, forms, and resources for DPC.
Serve as a liaison in the credentialing, on-boarding, and integration of providers into the DPC network.
Develop, implement and maintain recruitment related metrics and reports.
Follow up with candidates throughout recruiting process, including offer, negotiations, contract signing, and orientation.
Maintain working liaison relationship with all levels of DPC administration to facilitate recruitment needs and provide directives on how to resolve staffing challenges.
Serve as an information source regarding provider recruitment trends with family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and urgent care as it relates to staffing and compensation both locally and nationally to DPC leadership.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Must be willing and able to work from and travel between various work sites including having access to a reliable transportation.
Bachelor’s degree in a business related field such as Human Resources, Marketing, Business Administration required.
Work requires four years related recruitment experience in a healthcare setting. One to two years experience in physician recruitment experience for hospitals or physician practices preferred OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience recruiting healthcare setting.
- Experience recruiting in a staffing agency, high volume, fast paced setting.
- Experience with sourcing, cold calling, contract development and negotiation.
- Proven track record with managing multiple recruitment leads.
- Proven track record of exceeding recruitment goals/performance metrics.
- Experience with full-cycle recruitment from sourcing to on-boarding.
- Experience developing, managing and executing recruitment plans.
- Experience developing and maintaining reports and metrics related to recruitment. Experience identifying staffing trends and making recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels of the organization. Use of grammatically correct English.
- Business acumen/competence: sufficient understanding of education and/or health care field(s) and specific departmental environments to elicit credibility with all levels of management and faculty.
- Experience with a variety of data processing software and relational database systems for data retrieval and reporting. Intermediate skills with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Knowledge of physician recruitment industry trends/transformations
- Knowledge of OFCCP regulations to ensure equal employment opportunity.
- Experience in writing business correspondence, reports, and procedures. Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, contracts, policies, financial reports, and governmental regulations and to incorporate these into written documents as needed.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.