A Staff Database Administrator will provide database administration and engineering for new and enhancements to existing database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, upgrades, query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.
- You will create and enhance databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Analyze existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
- We participate in the design and implementation of large/complex databases
- Administer database security across all database environments.
- You will prepare periodic reports regarding unit’s activities and goal attainment.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing standard methodologies in database administration.
- Support database centric projects from inception to production deployment (all things database)
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Able to work 3rd shift
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and demonstrable ability to collaborate with your team.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
- Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Work closely with Professional Services Database Engineering and Database Operations.
- Perform routine activities that coincide with Project work or ad hoc work efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years of SQL Server database related experience
- Prior experience with the following is helpful: SQL Clustering, Transact-SQL & MS Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) knowledge, Replication, Availability Groups, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Database capacity planning, and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
- Experience in third party tools like Quest Software SQL LiteSpeed, Quest Software SpotLight, Quest Foglight and Quest Foglight Performance Analysis.
- Experience in SQL 2005/2008/2008R2/2012 database management and related products from Microsoft including Powershell, Windows 2003/2008R2 Server and desktop operating systems.
- SCOM 2007/2012 is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- SQL Server database: 2 years
Required work authorization: