This position is responsible for proactively assessing branch, call center and ATM processes to identify and address areas of opportunity. The Consumer Banking Operations Improvement and Change Manager will have strong project management skills and will act as a change agent for the Consumer Bank by applying agile methodologies.
- Review core processes to make recommendations for projects or improvements.
- Partner with the business “steward” of the work, ensuring the idea is realized, or make value-based decisions to pivot or cease investment.
- Lead coordinating Initiatives and Epics through the Product Development lifecycle from Idea thru Realization and Measurement.
- Formulate and elaborate the Epic, analyze cost (including Cost of Delay) and impact, ensure the viability of the work with other stakeholders and define a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Creating and distribute reoccurring management reports depicting project status, issues, concerns and remediation plans.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to influence change and gain support for change.
- Ensure other lines of business impacted by projects are informed, aware and prepared for implementation.
- Inform, develop, and execute on the near and long term strategy for the relentless improvement of the lean-agile practices.
- Manage multiple initiatives that evolve effecting change within the organization at every level.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver value to our customers in a predictable and timely manner.
- Maintain familiarity with best practices for lean agile development to evolve a best-in-class bank services.
- Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations governing bank operations, including compliance with Atlantic Union Bank’s BSA/AML Policy and Procedures.
- Proactively seek improvement from core process vendors.
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to define Epics and their associated impact.
- Develop a Shortest Job First (WSJF), the lean business case, and the relevant economic framework.
- Assist the operations teams with capacity planning and velocity setting, feature estimation and completion tracking.
Head of Consumer Operations
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience with Project Management tools and software preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years of experience delivering business solutions in a formal project environment.
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Banking industry experience a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Lean, Six Sigma certification or Agile certification or PMI preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a project management or PMO environment preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in business process management required.
- Working knowledge of bank operations and related procedures preferred.
- Proficiency in automation software, testing and documentation procedures
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal, research and negotiating skills with ability to prepare and present information
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.