The Housing Residential Life is currently recruiting a Temporary Office Assistant to join their team of professionals.
- Be a receptionist for the Residential Life front desk, serving as an information resource to callers, taking messages, and forwarding calls
- Be a representative of the Department and University to students, staff, and guests.
- Assist with record keeping by maintaining regular and electronic files related to personnel and/or student information.
- Performs general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, data entry, and filing
- Complete all projects assigned in a timely manner
- Enforce Housing & University policies, rules and regulations and provide documentation of policy violations to a supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by the Residential Life central staff.
Monday through Friday, between 8:00am-6:00pm
25 hours per week
Criminal Background Check
As a temporary employee, you will not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs (e.g., paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement).
Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), a temporary employee who works on average 30 hours or more per week may be eligible to enroll in health care benefits. As a temporary employee, you are also eligible to enroll in supplemental plans (e.g. dental, vision,) which requires full payment on your part.
Upon completing an assignment, employees may apply for a position on FIU Careers.
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. In this account, you are able to track your applicant status in "My Applications".
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
- This posting will close at 12 am of the close date.