Follow (and modify as needed) established marketing plan, set up tabling opportunities and other promotional events as recommended in plan
Manage all marketing and social media accounts (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Mgagement) for all ICC yearly events, monthly programs, and large scale programming
Meet regularly with entire interns team to create graphics, logo, and designs for all ICC events
Work closely with entire ICC team to promote during opening year events such as Maize & Blue Days, Mgagement, Intercultural Cookout, and other opening weekend events.
Recruit students, organizations, and departments to participate in ICC programming through tabling & flyering throughout the school year.
Facilitate and present the King Center’s diversity workshops, with a professional staff memeber, to students, leaders, faculty, staff and Flint community members.
Serve as a ICC Staff member, participating in regular staff meetings, training, and office events, and supporting office functions by attending all functions for which there are no academic conflicts
Meet one-on-one with your supervisor bi-weekly (minimum) in order to effectively balance academics, personal and ICC obligations
Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled as a full-time UM Flint Student in good academic standing.
- Passion for community involvement, social justice, a willingness to build relationships with campus and community partners, the ability to motivate peers to accomplish a common vision, and knowledge of goal-setting and strategic planning methods.
- Ability to work independently (as a motivated self-starter) or in teams.
- Have an understanding of Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Publisher, Excel, etc.
- Previous experience with programming, promotion, marketing, and event planning.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite of programs (Photoshop, Illustrater, and InDesign)
- Academic background and/or interests in higher education student affairs, multicultural affairs, social justice, advertising, communications, or public relations.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.