The position requires an experienced, customer service oriented professional to provide secretarial support to the executive and management staff with the ability to interface with all levels of management throughout the organization. The secretary will be responsible for coordinating all support functions for the Executive Director, Vice President, Medical Director as well as other assigned Directors. The secretary will provide coordination and management of calendars, processing of communications within and outside the organization, record keeping, preparation and filing of documents, and support preparation of New Employee Orientation and on-boarding. Qualified candidates will demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills and perform duties in a manner to support the goals and objectives of the Suffolk Care Collaborative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties that the person selected for this position will be responsible for include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Schedule meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Assemble and provide relevant documents for Executive Director, Vice President, Medical Director’s meetings and attend meetings as required.
- Initiate necessary follow-up items from meetings and ensure activities are scheduled and executed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and coordinate calendar(s), receive telephone calls and visitors on behalf of the Executive Director, Vice President, Medical Director and other assigned Directors.
- Compose, edit and distribute correspondence as needed.
- Manage and prioritize incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ensure office management systems are functioning appropriately.
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of events, including orientation and new employee on-boarding, as assigned.
- Refer requests for information from members of the public and others to the appropriate party as needed.
- Coordinate monthly expenditure invoices and prepare expense reports for assigned staff.
- Assist with the coordination of administrative and support functions including, photocopying, facsimiles, mail, directing callers appropriately as well as guests and visitors to the office.
- Manage internal conference room booking calendar.
- Ad hoc project related work and activities as needed.
- Perform research as requested and assist in the preparation of presentation materials.
- Make travel arrangements for staff as assigned.
- Support Project Advisory Committee (PAC) meeting set-up.
- Provide backup support for the Executive Assistant as needed to cover lunch break, time off, etc.
- All SCC employees must demonstrate commitment to ethical behavior and the organization’s compliance program, including:
- Abiding by the Code of Conduct, Compliance and HIPAA Privacy and Procedures, and reporting obligations.
- Participating in all required education/training about organizational compliance, ethics, and information privacy and security (for example: annual compliance training).
- Contributing to the operationalization of compliance with applicable regulations, laws, policies and procedures in your business unit (for example, identifying opportunities for ongoing monitoring for quality and integrity of operations; designing and using checklists; consulting the Compliance Officer or Privacy and Security Offer for guidance whene needed).
Hauppauge- Suffolk Care Collaborative
Education and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact in an effective, professional manner with staff, community agencies, vendors and all partners associated with the SCC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Exhibits attention to detail, and ability to be flexible in performing a variety of tasks.
- Experience with completing assignments/projects within designated timelines and the ability to prioritize duties.
- Associates Degree or secretarial school training with relevant coursework (i.e. word processing, presentation tools, and general office administration) and/or 3-5+ years secretarial/clerical experience.
- Experience working in the health care industry preferred.
- Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Work will typically be performed in a business office environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The specific statements shown in each section of this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent the typical elements considered necessary to successfully fulfill this role.