With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Senior Manager Incident and Crisis Management
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading a team that provides incident and crisis management coordination across the business. Manages the handling and coordinating incident response to conclusion for the company. Provides reports and trend analyses of incidents. Develops incident response frameworks, including policies, standards, incident response playbooks and program documentation.
- Develops and maintains the Enterprise Incident Response policy and frameworks, including standards, escalation, reporting, incident response, procedures, and governance.
- Manages incident response activities and handles the assignment of incidents to team members for resolution. Reviews and analyzes incidents following major issues.
- Promotes and reinforces adherence to processes and policies associated with the Incident Response Policy and standards.
- Ensures the design of the incident process aligns with the business and industry practices.
- Communicates incident details, trends, and governance issues to leadership.
- Manages the reporting and trend analysis of incident data.
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- 1+ years of experience in staff management (i.e., delegation, hire/fire, performance evaluation, mentoring, motivating, coaching, development, etc.) \
- High school Diploma or GED
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Computer Science, Finance, Security, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Incident Management, Crisis Management, Cybersecurity, Information Security, Risk Management, National Security/Defense, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Incident Management, Crisis Management, Cybersecurity, Information Security, Risk Management, National Security/Defense, or related field
- Experience leading teams
- Certification in Crisis Management and/or CISSP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
24-Hour Nurse Hotline & Telehealth Services
7 Paid Holidays
Annual Flu Shots
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Work Environment
Group Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
Healthy Eating Program
Legal Assistance Plan
Onsite Emotional Health Counselors
Onsite Fitness Centers
Onsite Weight Watchers at Work
Paid Parental Leave
Professional and Leadership Development Programs
Service Anniversary Awards
Annual Health Evaluation and Health Coaching
Critical Illness Insurance
Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Life and Accident Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Onsite Health Services Center with Nurse Practitioner
401(k) Savings Plan with Fixed and Matching Contributions
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
“Financial Wellness for You” Learning Programs