Administration: Volunteer, Membership and Small Donor Development
Position: Program Coordinator
Program: Volunteer, Membership and Small Donor Development
Supervisor: Senior Administrator
Work Schedule: 40hrs/week (Monday – Friday)
Travel Required Some nights & weekends as needed
Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000
- Increase organizational membership base
- Track membership dues
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Assist in program and organizational fundraising (Grants, Sponsorships, Fee-for-Service, Special Events)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a robust engagement program and track volunteers, members, advocates and BWW leaders
- Create and facilitate volunteer and membership events
- Continue to build and populated BWW's leadership development program
- Recruit new volunteers, members and leaders
- Facilitate trainings and development of volunteers and advocates
- Develop, expand and track membership benefits and activities
- Create and maintain outreach and volunteer calendar
- Responsible for volunteer assignments
- Database management, supervision and entry
- Organize event phone banks (volunteers)
- Manage communications with volunteers, members and advocates including online communications and consistent mailings
- Develop and track monthly small donor base
- Represent BWW in the community by maintaining relationships with schools, community-based organizations, unions, social and civic engagement organizations and other collaborations in relation to this project.
- Assist in organizing monthly community health conversations in South Los Angeles
- Coordinate with other program staff the facilitation of peer advocate training as necessary.
- Coordinate activities and/or meetings with staff from other programs and/or departments.
- Attend coalition and community meetings
- Develop and maintain professional contact/relationships with schools, community leaders, community organizations as applicable.
- Tracking program expenses, developing and tracking budgets
- Coordinate and handle administrative and logistical aspects of the program.
- Light travel throughout California and nationally
- Heavy outreach work with community partners with the south Los Angeles area
- Other office duties as required
- Requires two (2) to three (3) years of experience with on the ground field organizing work, including volunteer recruitment and membership engagement
- Ability to use Voter Activation Network (VAN) or Political Data Incorporated plus.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze data
- At least one year experience working with databases such as Nationbuilder or Salesforce.
- Bachelor degree in related field, public health or communications a plus
- Ability to relate to diverse communities including Black young adults.
- Share BWW values and mission
- Responsive to new ideas and situations.
- Sense of humor.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including: Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Wordpress knowledge is plus.
- Proficient with online media tools including facebook, twitter, pinterest, wordpress and tumblr
- Self starter and needs little supervision
- Willing to work weekends and/or evening
- Reliable transportation
- Able to walk 5-10 minutes at a time
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications skills,
- Knowledge of Black communities/working with Black communities a plus
- Strong oral/written skills
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Team builder and ability to utilize team skills effectively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to be flexible and work respectfully with a diverse group.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel to and visit schools, agencies and community meetings. Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, as required.
- Requires a valid driver's license and a reliable and flexible means of transportation.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- managing Volunteer and/or Membership engagement programs: 3 years (Required)
- Social Media Management/E-blast: 3 years (Required)
- Database Management: 3 years (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)