The primary purpose of this position is to provide cost effective engineering support to the company sales efforts, including system design, developing sales quotes and performing sales activities.
- Work with sales personnel and/or directly with customers in the design and pricing of a system. (Meet with the customer as needed to determine exact needs; develop recommendations and prepare drawings according to accepted engineering principles.)
- Operate CAD system to facilitate engineering drawings.
- Develop project costing and work up project quotes. Present the project quotations to the customer and promote the sale of the project.
- Provide technical support for inside and outside sales personnel, other associates and customers.
- Coordinate the availability of personnel, materials and equipment for scheduled projects. Coordinate materials purchases with the material account personnel. Coordinate the assignment of installation personnel.
- Oversee major installations through regular site visits. Insure that the project is completed according to the customer’s satisfaction and that all specifications as presented have been fulfilled.
- Stay abreast of new technology in industry equipment and their applications and meet with vendors to review available products and technology.
- Select material suppliers that can best meet the requirements of each particular application at the most reasonable cost.
- Visit and assist customers during equipment breakdowns to provide technical support and coordinate repairs.
- Promote safe work practices on job sites and in the shop.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Engineering Degree (BS) plus 7-10 years of experience. Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Background in food and/or fluid processing strongly preferred
- Experience in dairy, food or bio-pharm is preferred
- Ability to travel to customer facilities, approx 35% travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- AutoCAD skills are required to develop P&ID and piping layout and engineering drawings
- Experience in the area of sanitary processes is a plus
- Must be a good fit culturally for a family owned enterprise
M.G. Newell Corporation offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and relocation benefits. EOE.
M.G. Newell Corporation has been in business since 1885 providing sanitary process components and integrated process systems to the food, dairy, citrus, beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. With divisions in Greensboro, North Carolina; Louisville, Kentucky, and Nashville, Tennessee, our services extend to the Mid-West, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeastern United States. Learn more at www.mgnewell.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD skills: 1 year (Required)
- project management or plant process: 7 years (Required)