The nation's leading administrator of long term care insurance services is looking for YOU. This is your opportunity to join a company with a culture that promotes respect for people, integrity, learning and initiative.
WE ARE THE KIND OF EMPLOYER YOU DESERVE.
LTCG is a leading provider of business process outsourcing for the insurance industry, managing over 1.3 million long-term care policies for the nation's largest insurers. We also provide clients with unique risk management insight built upon our proprietary long term care databases.
This position supports the daily operations of the Underwriting Department by reviewing underwriting requirements and determining underwriting decisions of applicant files. The Underwriter will communicate with agents and clients on decisions.
1. Quickly but carefully read, analyze and interpret medication lists, medical records, phone and in-person assessments, cognitive test scores and properly document findings
2. Assess risk for Long Term Care using lifestyle, medical and cognitive information while processing a minimum of 50 cases weekly
3. Using established protocols, underwriting guidelines and procedures, analyzes risk, ensuring decisions are consistent with client and corporate guidelines and programs
4. Perform work accurately and efficiently under deadline pressures
5. Maintains a minimum of 98% accuracy in underwriting decisions
6. Conducts phone history interviews, as warranted
7. Handle calls from agents regarding underwriting decisions
8. Prepare correspondence to applicants, doctors, agents, etc
9. Other duties and projects as assigned
- BA, BS, RN or equivalent insurance industry experience
- 1+ years LTC, Life or DI underwriting experience
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Proficient PC skills
- Typing speed of 50 WPM or better
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Long Term Care Professional designation or other Long Term Care Insurance related designation
- FLMI, ALU or CLU highly desirable