Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.
- Leads a team of SSA's with guidance from Group leadership to meet or exceed team goals while driving for high team performance. Be the primary point of contact for the student(s) within an assigned portfolio.
- Responsible for promoting student success through accurate and responsive advisement in the areas of academics, student finance and service-related areas, providing support and advocacy as needed for students throughout the student lifecycle.
- Assists in the execution of the strategic plan, the control of expenses and other managerial functions within Student Central.
- Provides training, guidance, and coaching as needed including sharing best practices with colleagues.
- Exemplifies TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with our mission, vision, and purpose.
- In conjunction with leadership, ensures that objectives, plans, policies, practices and actions are consistent with the overall Student Central standard operating procedures.
- Through observation, coaches, motivates and provides performance feedback to team members to foster a student-focused culture of CARE.
- Provides input and recommendations to Student Central Leadership regarding new hires.
- Through effective scheduling, leads day to day operations of the team to ensure efficient delivery of services to students.
- Regularly evaluate phone care metrics to ensure availability of support for students, knowing when to adjust appropriately to balance student needs.
- Monitor team performance metrics and apply appropriate colleague coaching and development techniques to ensure that team members know and understand their responsibilities, accountability, and understanding of when to escalate.
- Point of contact for escalated student issues.
- Expected to research, identify solutions and bring to satisfactory resolution with student. Based on solutions, identify process changes and partner with other departments to implement process enhancements as needed.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the team in support of driving vision and purpose and fostering colleague engagement.
- Actively leverages relationships with Academics, Admissions and other functional areas to deliver an optimal student experience from inquiry through to graduation.
- Advise a portfolio of students in accordance with the responsibilities and expectations of the SSA role. Coaches students and direct reports to explore alternatives to overcome barriers to persistence or graduation.
- Makes appropriate resource referrals when necessary.
- Generates reports and analyzes student data to identify triggers and trends across student populations indicating a need for proactive outreach to obtain a better understanding of challenges and successes utilizing Inspire for Advisor.
- Functions as a subject matter expert regarding all academic and Title IV programs, policies and procedures including institutional policies and federal and state regulations.
- Complies with applicable federal and state laws.
- Identifies and implements opportunities and solutions that improve current methods and actively participates as a change leader in a constantly evolving organization. Including participation in student CARE initiatives and process improvement efforts.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required .
- Demonstrated proficiency of prior role responsibilities.
- Outstanding customer service skills with 3+ years of customer service or related experience required.
- 2+years of progressive experience in a Student Support Advisor or similar role.
- Ability to work a variety of office hours including evenings and weekends.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking ability.
- Ability to work independently as well as function as a team leader Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- PC skills in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software.
- Experience with Student Financial Aid software application.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain systems access to the NSLDS system (must not be in default of Title IV Federal aid) .
- Working knowledge of Title IV .
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.