Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for client service, the desire to work closely with teammates and clients, and the ability to problem solve and to think outside the box? Our Wealth Management Professionals support all aspects of our business from an operational and relationship management perspective. We are seeking professionals with an interest in the markets who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills, and client service expertise are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Across Wealth Management, Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world to reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for customers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across Wealth Management, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and customers, and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Private Wealth Management (PWM)
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Wealth Management Professionals work directly with our clients to provide exceptional client service, operational support and risk management. They serve as a primary point of contact for clients, and are responsible for the operational management and oversight of the client experience. Some of the main responsibilities are managing the onboarding of client relationships, ensuring we are meeting our client’s investment objectives, managing fraud risk, trade execution, liquidity management and ongoing relationship management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Leverage your interpersonal skills to contribute to a growing business
- Act as key relationship manager for ultra-high net worth clients
- Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors and teammates to service our clients
- Oversee asset movements, portfolio implementations and leverage your understanding of organizational documents, estate planning and tax concepts
- Introduce new and existing clients to the firm’s offerings including but not limited to client reporting, digital capabilities and banking services
- Identify opportunities for wealth advisory services for clients
- Understand client suitability and risk tolerance
- Help to identify and prevent fraudulent activities by leveraging your deep understanding of our clients and their behaviors
- Work with our middle and back office colleagues to ensure an exceptional client experience
- Execute, process and reconcile trading and other investment related transactions
- Lead or participate in divisional efforts to improve efficiencies within PWM business
- Participate in local training and recruiting
- Serve as a coach/mentor for less tenured teammates
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2-4 years of preferred experience in client service and/or the financial industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Strong interest in client service
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Interest in Financial Services Industry
- SIE, Series 7 and 63 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The expected base salary for this Seattle, Washington, United States-based position is $75,000-$160,000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .