If you are an independent consultant, working 1099 and are looking for short term, repeatable assignments to augment your current client work then keep reading.
Acclaro Growth Partners, located in northern Virginia, is a research-based strategy consulting firm for private equity groups and their portfolio companies. We focus on niche sectors of middle market companies, conducting market due diligence that provides clear and actionable market intelligence as well as research and strategy consulting.
Due to our continuous growth, we are seeking an experienced Project/Engagement Manager, ideally with significant experience with primary research, competitive intelligence, and analysis, development of options for clients, strategic recommendations, and strategic planning facilitation. We are looking for a freelancer, who is free to choose to work with us for each project we present to them.
The primary responsibilities of the position involve significant client contact, communication, coordination, guidance, and setting and maintaining client expectations. Additional responsibilities include primary research and secondary research, as well as significant collaboration with the team of consultants and the partner to ensure successful progress along an established timeline.
The engagement manager will be solely responsible for all decisions and documents regarding the completion of each project, on time, on budget, and to exceed client expectations. The manager must be an exceptionally good communicator, as he or she will be writing significant portions of the client reports, and will be the primary liaison with the client and our internal consulting team.
We are looking for candidates that have experience with:
- Working as part of the sales process in the preparation of proposals
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Allocating and managing resources and team members
- Facilitating client single point of contact
- Managing expectations, timing and deliverables and leading client reviews
- Insights analysis and report writing
- Proficient at transposing data sets into graph & visuals, analytical frameworks & templates
- Leading by example
- Liaising on a daily basis with Project Partners
There is a legitimate opportunity for qualified, experienced and successful Project/Engagement Managers to advance to repeat engagements.
Compensation: We compensate on a per-project basis. On average, engagement managers earn $100 per hour, or about $7,500 per project. Each project lasts approximately 4 weeks. We estimate that our projects take up about one-half of full-time billable hours during those 4 weeks.
Day to day responsibilities from kick off through delivery, may include, but not be limited t Scheduling, preparing materials for and leading client calls and deliverables, onsite if necessary
- Overseeing assignments and performance feedback
- Developing and updating all project templates for consultants including list/call templates
- Securing contacts/leads from client - gaining access to client project information, people, and contact information when needed
- Assembling quantitative data from each individual call report, create quantitative analysis
- Scheduling/leading internal reviews, developing preliminary thesis for additional research
- Ensuring quality ad hoc and milestone reporting/discussions on project status
- Assisting with the development of the Executive Summary and completing detail section of final report
- Coordinating and ensuring the quality of all document delivery
- Managing project expenses, coordinating final expense submissions
- Establishing, updating and managing SharePoint project site(s)
Candidates are encouraged to visit our web site www.acclaropartners.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $100.00 /hour
Full Time Opportunity:
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply