Job Title: Energy Employees Medical Compensation Program Caseworker
Opening Period: Until filled
Position Information: Project-specific position with full-time hours
Duty Location: Richland, WA
The Resource Center Caseworker is responsible for the provision of program-related information and claims-related assistance to claimants and potential claimants applying for benefits under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICP) Act of 2000. This program supports the Department of Labor in compensating former Department of Energy employees who suffer from certain illnesses as a result of their employment in the Department of Energy complex.
Caseworkers work directly with claimants and their families to provide assistance in navigating through the complex compensation program process. This involves working with claimants in the office and making visits to hospitals/nursing homes/hospice care facilities or claimant homes to provide assistance as needed. The compensation program has various elements that provide lifetime benefits to claimants; therefore Caseworkers can often provide assistance to specific individuals for several years.
Major Responsibilities of the Caseworker:
· Assist potential claimants in collecting the required information by directing them to potential sources of the required information, i.e., labor unions, etc.
· Assist in the completion of claim forms
· Collect and compile all claim-related data necessary into government databases
· Work directly with claimants in reporting occupational history information and assist in resolving medical billing issues
· Handle incoming toll-free calls from individuals requesting information about the program or needing assistance with their claim. Provide assistance as needed and document the specifics of the call.
· Assist medical providers with enrollment in the EEOICP
· Conduct outreach to potential claimants
Requirements and Qualifications:
· 3+ years’ experience providing assistance for a federal, private or state workers’ compensation program or similar insurance or medical benefits program, or working at or for a Department of Energy facility covered by the program.
· 2+ years’ experience with customer service skills, over the phone and in person.
· Proven research and analytical skills
· Proven knowledge of employment and medical records verification techniques
· Proven ability to implement the Privacy Act
· Proven ability to maintain a schedule of tasks related to claimant assistance
· Strong sense of urgency, problem solving skills and attention to detail
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
· As a Federal government contractor, Unwin Company is required to comply with a COVID vaccination mandate. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to their hire date with Unwin Company.
About the Employer:
Unwin Company is a respected federal government contractor supporting the Department of Labor and Department of Energy with a long-standing tradition of service and professionalism. Unwin Company offers a very competitive hourly wage and all employees are eligible to participate in a retirement savings plan with generous company matching, are eligible for group medical insurance, and receive paid time off and paid holidays.
For consideration please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements directly via Indeed.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: In person