Teche Action Clinic is seeking a full-time talented, high energy Director of Marketing and Communications to join our team. This position is based out of our Franklin, Louisiana office.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will oversee the development and management of Teche Action Clinic marketing, public relations and communication strategy required to support the long term strategic direction. This role is responsible for the integration of effective marketing and communication strategies, both internally and externally, across all service areas of Teche Action Clinic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of the marketing, public relations and communications strategy that includes social media, print and digital content and email marketing.
- Oversee the development and production of all marketing publications, collateral communication material and social media initiatives.
- Develop a compelling branding strategy that supports TAC’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Establishes and/or enhances relationships with local, regional and industry-specific media outlets.
- Responsible for Marketing budget, leading the team and managing vendors and external partners.
- Develops multi-channel advertising campaigns (traditional, digital and social) and manages the associated budget.
- Produce creative and cost-effective marketing activities that generate return on investment for the organization.
- Proactively develops media pitches that promote strategic clinical services for Teche Action Clinic.
- Pitches story ideas to the media and coordinates resulting filming and interviews, including scheduling interviews, completing media consent forms for employees, volunteers and patients.
- Researches, writes and disseminates media backgrounders, releases, advisories and calendar announcements.
- Works collaboratively with CEO to establish public relations priorities and story ideas for the media that support the strategic goals and mission of Teche Action Clinic.
- Works collaboratively with Teche Action Clinics event planner to plan, define and coordinate events that support the strategic goals and mission of Teche Action Clinic.
- Mentor and guide other team members in the skills required for the successful execution of events and professional development.
- Managing all communication tools including e-newsletter, brochures, quarterly newsletter, annual report and website;
- Develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive marketing and public relations campaigns, such as Teche’s, monthly disease awareness campaign, that incorporate a combination of the following: PR, media relations, social media, internal and external communications, advertising, community outreach or sponsorship/partnerships.
- Oversee the utilization and evaluation of new and existing digital technologies to further the work of Teche Action Clinic in relationship to marketing and brand awareness.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Marketing & Communications Department including budgeting, event planning and staff development.
- Lead and manage committees and task force groups and support the Senior Management Team in internal/external communications about the vision and overall strategies of the organization.
- Lead the marketing team with an emphasis on data analytics to make strategic and data-driven decisions
- Work with leadership team and staff to identify internal and external marketing communication opportunities and develop strategies that support solutions.
- Responsible for staff performance and development goals, establish staff priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Maintain strong relationships with key partners and represent Teche Action Clinic at professional and community events, in a leadership role
- Lead in the fundraising and development process by building and maintaining authentic relationships with residents/participants, donors, and community partners.
- Writes, edits and coordinates graphic design and content for TAC’s community outreach program events and activities including flyers, brochures, print ads, radio copyrighting and website copyrighting.
- Coordinates the design, printing and distribution of materials, ensuring standards for timeliness, quality, consistency of brand standards and cost-effectiveness are met.
- Create social media campaigns and calls-to-action that grow engagement and awareness of TAC’s brand and key services.
May occasionally need to work non-traditional hours based on operational or community needs
The Director of Marketing and Communications must have the ability to work in office areas, as well as throughout the clinic; and to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during work hours. The Director of Marketing and Communication must be able to independently manage multiple task at once, effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet deadlines and schedule time efficiently. Must possess an unwavering commitment to improving TAC’s presence within the community and building the communities TAC serves.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications, media relations, and marketing programs to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- Three years public relations/marketing experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities, including digital marketing campaign development.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications, website management, and digital/social media content creation and management.
- Effective, articulate, and persuasive public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Communication Ability:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer literacy
- Project management competencies to drive all website projects
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Math Ability:
- Basic math skills
- Reasoning Ability:
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives
- High level of alertness, concentration, accuracy, and time-management
- Ability to adapt to working in changing conditions and environments
- Computer Skills:
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Adobe design products
- Experience developing, writing and managing social media
- Skill in utilizing computers, data entry, output, etc. in generating reports
- Well-versed in designing, creating, publishing and managing web content
- Professional Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in decision-making, problem solving, and strategic leadership
- Demonstrated superiority in presenting a topic or organization through advertising and marketing materials
- Experience with web log analytic tools such as Google Analytics
Compensation & Benefits:
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Plan Benefits
- National Health Service Corp Site
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Eligible for Student Loan Forgiveness through Federal and State Programs
- Family Friendly Work Environment
Join us today and become a part of the Teche Action Clinic family!
Teche Action Clinic is a private, not-for-profit federally qualified health center, accredited by The Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home, committed to providing comprehensive, safe, quality health care to residents of St. Mary, Terrebonne, St. John, St. James, Lafourche and Assumption Parishes and surrounding areas.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time