The Lake County Health Department is looking for a Clinical Compliance Nurse that will assist in maintaining clinical compliance within the Clinical Operations Department. Assists with observation and assessment of clinical workflows. Assists with clinical training and orientation of new staff to address clinical requirements of role. Participates in audit activity to ensure compliance to Joint Commission standards.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30am - 5:30pm)
Skills and Experience
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the following:
- Patient Centered Medical Home
- Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC) Standard Operating Procedures/Policies
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Standards
- Bureau of Primary Health Care Clinical Outcome Measures
- Other federal/state requirements as needed
- Conducts and documents reviews according to specific protocols, guidelines, and criteria.
- Reviews available statistical data related to clinical processes and performance.
- Assists with identifying best practices and training tools to help meet clinical training needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform mathematical concepts required in statistical analysis.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in collaboration with others as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Centers (LCHD/CHC).
- Develops and maintains a basic awareness of the Chronic Care Model Processes in order to reduce Health Disparities within our communities.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing
Requires one of the following:
- Illinois licensure as a registered nurse
- Verification of application upon hire and completion of Illinois licensure by reciprocity within six months of the initial date of employment.
- Verification of application for State Board licensing as a Registered Nurse with successful completion within six months of the initial date of employment.
- One year of direct patient care experience is desired.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary
- Ability to maintain and keep records
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Required)