- JOB DESCRIPTION -
We are looking for an entrepreneurially-spirited individual to act as Sales Director of Integrated Solutions for MIZZEN. This is a great opportunity to work in an innovative, friendly, and energetic environment, to personally grow and develop with our firm, and to collaborate on some cutting-edge technology projects while serving some of our nation's greatest companies. The new team member will be at the forefront of our company, directing, managing, and growing the Integrations Division of MIZZEN, which includes all Integration Professional Services, C-7 low voltage cabling services, and Equipment Resale.
The focus of this position is: Manage, direct, and grow MIZZEN’s System Integration Division, including: (1) Sales / Business Development for Broadcast, Media & Entertainment, IT, and Production systems integrations (2) Establish, grow, and manage Equipment Resale Division (3) Technical Project Management.
- DUTIES AND KEY RESULTS AREAS -
Sales, Business Development, & Account Management
- Contacting new and current clients to sell integration services and technology equipment via:
- Phone, internet (WebEx, Zoom, etc.), email
- In-person meetings, dinners, etc.
- Networking at industry tradeshows and events
- Other viable means
- Execute sales steps:
- Lead: generate the prospect
- Documentation / scale-up: create quotes, proposals, bids, RFPs, RFQs
- Account Management: client interaction
- Close: secure signed contract/quotes and payments
- Execution: vendor orders & logistics, RMAs, invoicing, payment collection
- Maintain Sales Database for all clients.
- Create, foster, and grow business relationships.
- Maintain consistent Customer Engagement:
- Ensure customers are happy with our services and their needs are being met.
- Solicit customer feedback using Customer Feedback Forms.
- Establish MIZZEN’s technology equipment resale division.
- Manage resale of technology equipment.
- Manage Lines-of-Credit, internal budgets, and financing requirements
- Establish and grow vendor relationships
- Manage, create & submit technical RFPs, RFQs, Proposals, Executive Summaries and Sales Quotes in a timely manner (in cooperation with Mizzen Engineering and Project Management).
- Maintain existing client loyalty w/o turnover.
- Develop / modify Mizzen marketing collateral, to include: case studies, white papers, digital marketing materials, email campaigns (MailChimp).
Division Leadership, Consulting, and Technical Project Management / Logistics
- Oversee successful execution of large-scale technology systems integrations.
- Directly oversee MIZZEN Integration Project Management Team, including: planning, budgeting, staffing, scheduling, stakeholder management, client communication and managing MIZZEN’s On-site Integration teams.
- Hire, manage and direct Integration Division personnel, to include:
- Independent & employed sales representatives
- Installation teams (installers and supervisors)
- Project Managers
- Logistics assistants
- Pursue methods to reduce costs, implement lean initiatives, and innovate.
- Work with MIZZEN Integration Project Management Team to identify and resolve project conflicts & scope gaps between stakeholders in a calm, logical manner.
- Explore technology vendor/equipment options and make recommendations for client solutions.
- Lead complex technical discussions with client and make professional recommendations regarding Broadcast, Media & Entertainment, IT, and Production technologies.
- Execute technical site-walks and pre-bid technical analysis of systems integration projects with MIZZEN Engineering.
- Manage procurement and logistics of integration equipment & materials.
- Keep MIZZEN CEO & COO up-to-date on project status.
- Ensure regulatory/code compliance.
- Improve MIZZEN’s project management analytical processes and tools as necessary.
- SKILLS -
- Effective verbal and written communicator to all levels of executive management and technology professionals (CEO, CTO, CFO).
- Meticulous attention to detail and records-keeping.
- Ability to stay calm in high-pressure environments and maintain order and positivity amidst chaos.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and professionally with General Contractors, architects, and other construction trade stakeholders.
- Organized and able to execute without any formal training.
- Self-starter with high level of independence.
- Willingness to act outside of “core-competencies” as company requirements dictate & develop new competencies.
- Willingness to serve clients.
- 100% drama-free (seriously!)
- QUALIFICATIONS -
- 4-year college degree in field related to technology, business management, or project management.
- Advanced proficiency in technical writing of Executive Summaries, Proposals, RFP’s & RFQ’s.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in using Intuit QuickBooks and other Quoting software.
- Existing business relationships with reputable vendor-partners in the CA area (Architects & General Contractors).
- Existing business relationships with equipment manufacturers in Broadcast, A/V, Media & Entertainment, IT, and Production technologies.
- Basic proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in creating and updating Gantt charts (Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, or other) preferred.
- PMP training and/or Certification preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience selling complex commercial Broadcast, Media & Entertainment, IT, and Production systems integrations technology products and professional services that included technology design engineering and C-7 low voltage cabling.
- 2+ years’ experience managing CA-based technology systems integrations that included collaboration with General Contractors and architects.
- Experience in direct-client relationships working with engineering, IT, and cabling technicians.
- 2+ years’ experience in Government systems integrations preferred.
- ABOUT MIZZEN MEDIA -
MIZZEN is a technology engineering and systems integration firm headquartered in Burbank, CA. Established in 2013, we focus on designing, engineering, and integrating bold and innovative solutions to complex technology challenges. Our firm has seen steady growth from our innovative approach to systems integration as we have become trusted partners of industry-leading Broadcast, A/V, Entertainment, IT, and Production companies. Our client list includes Netflix, Univision Radio, Spotify, NBC/Universal, Bunim/Murray Productions, and Dolby, among others. MIZZEN is a licensed C-7 low voltage contractor.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- selling media & entertainment tech services/equipment: 5 years (Preferred)
- CA-based tech system integration sales / management: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Typical deal size:
- Office or call center