ProfessionalChats is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our growing accounting and finance team. The Accounting Analyst will perform many accounting and finance functions, including, but not limited to: financial reporting and analysis, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting and forecasting, and business scenario planning. This role will also provide a chance to gain experience using Salesforce and work directly with the sales, marketing and operations teams to ensure the customer experience is optimal throughout the customer life cycle. This is a unique opportunity that provides the chance to take on responsibility quickly and be highly visible to internal and external stakeholders.
- General Ledger and Financial Statements: Maintain general ledger records and assist in preparation of financial statements including: Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Account Reconciliations: Collect, compile, and verify financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records and accuracy of related deliverables. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Accounts Receivable: Perform accounts receivable duties including generating invoices, accepting payments, and monitoring aging of receivables.
- Accounts Payable: Perform accounts payable duties including processing, verifying, and coding invoices and administering associated payments.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Partner with senior leaders to understand key drivers, trends, and plans. Build complex operating models that dynamically predict outcomes; additionally, plan for all SG&A costs.
- Business Scenario Planning: Based on strategic direction, build detailed financial models for semi-annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and weekly projections for the business using excel and proprietary systems. Build operational models for various product lines to test the impact of changes in the business.
- Financial Reporting & Analysis: Assist in preparation of financial reports and statements and summarize operating results for senior executives.
- Internal Controls and Procedures: Assist in implementing an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures
- Sales, Marketing and Operations liaison: Assist sales, marketing and operations teams in weekly and monthly performance analysis. Work with members of each team to ensure accounting and customer data is accurate and up-to-date
- Salesforce: Maintain and improve data integrity and workflow of Salesforce and other proprietary CRM systems.
- Ad Hoc: Perform special projects and provide analytical support: ad hoc requests, research projects, decision support, and ongoing reports and analysis, as requested by senior executives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team environment where change is constant.
- Ability work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and easily and shift approach in response to the demands of the situation
- Strong work ethic based on a desire to exceed expectations
- Experience with US GAAP and the accrual basis of accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks and Salesforce a plus
Job Type: Full-time