YOUTH OUTREACH COORDINATOR
POSITION TITLE: Safe Harbor Youth Outreach Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SCHEDULED HOURS: Varies including evenings and weekend as needed
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: To provide high quality performance in the day-to-day operation of the
Safe Harbor Youth Advocate program
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field or early childhood development preferred
- Minimum of one year experience working with domestic violence and sexual assault victims
- Sensitivity to issues of family violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect
- Sensitivity and awareness of issues related to diversity
- Experience working with adolescents and teens in and out of the school setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of child development, domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, child abuse, and the effects of violence on children
- Strong advocacy skills, including: o The ability to identify the youth’s strengths and needs; o The ability to connect the youth to appropriate community resources; o The ability to respond to youth in crisis with appropriate interpersonal communication and intervention skills; and o Knowledge of and skills with legal advocacy.
- Public speaking and group facilitations skills with ability to develop and monitor a youth task force
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
- Ability to empower individuals in a time of need
- Community resource coordination
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computers and technology
- Ability to work in complex situations and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to act as a member of a team
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
1. Provide support, resources, education and advocacy services for adolescent and teen clients throughout the 7 counties Safe Harbor serves.
2. Provide services and activities to children
3. Assist clients with protection order process
4. Recognize and deal with crisis situations in a calm manner.
5. Network as a means of establishing awareness of Safe Harbor and the programs it provides.
6. Coordinate education and awareness activities for school aged youth.
7. Provide community education in counties Safe Harbor serves.
8. Assist in the development of Teen Support groups, and other community response teams such as
9. Promote positive public image of Safe Harbor and the Safe Harbor Shelter by establishing and maintaining community partnerships with agencies throughout the region.
10. Maintain knowledge on present resources available to children
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
12. Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by Safe Harbor.
Employee Signature Date
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.50 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- human services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)