The Pearlstone Retreat Center ignites Jewish passion. Our retreat center, farm, and programs enable and inspire vibrant Jewish life. Engaging Jewish, faith-based, and secular organizations, individuals, and families, Pearlstone Retreat Center serves all ages and backgrounds throughout Baltimore, the Chesapeake region, and beyond.
Pearlstone Center in Reisterstown, Maryland is currently seeking to hire lifeguards to work at our facility for the 2020 summer season.
- Takes primary responsibility for the health, well being and happiness for guests using pool, lake, splash pad and the Pearlstone campus
- Recognizes and resolves individual or group behavior issues or problems; ensures pool rules are followed
- Provides and supervises entertainment activities for guests participating in the location’s pool and water feature activities
- Responds to medical emergencies; performs first aid, CPR/AED; stabilizes guest until the arrival of EMS
- Maintains cleanliness and neatness of pool, pool equipment, locker rooms and other facilities
- Ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations
- Performs special projects delegated by management
Education and Experience:
- Provide top notch customer service to all guests
- Assist with Campus Rentals and Pearlstone Center programming as needed
- Other tasks/duties as assigned.
- American Red Cross or equivalent Lifeguard Certification (We can provide training)
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification, and AED training. CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification is highly desirable
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Work outside in the heat
Stand for long periods of time
Lift 10-50 pounds
Team lift 50+ pounds
Employment is seasonal starting on or about mid-April to May 24, 2020 and ending on or about mid-September 2020.
Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.