Pleasanton Veterinary Hospital in Pleasanton, CA is seeking a Hospital Manager to join our practice.
We are a progressive, well-equipped and established small animal veterinary practice, serving dogs, cats and “pocket pets”. Emergency appointments during office hours but refer clients to nearby Emergency facilities during our “off” hours. Repeatedly voted ‘Best of Pleasanton’ by the community. We are looking for an experienced practice manager to lead our excellent team.
More information at www.pleasantonvet.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- In-house laboratory and Idexx Laboratories
- In house ECG’s run and interpreted
- Digital Radiography
- Ultra-sonic dental equipment
- Digital Dental Radiography
- Isoflourane anesthesia, blood pressure monitor and pulse oximeter
- Newest version of Cornerstone, Avimark conversion in process
- Full Acupuncture Services
- Well stocked Pharmacy
- Specialized surgical suite
Pleasanton is a major suburb identified as one of the best cities in California to live in. Downtown Pleasanton is a charming historic destination with a mix of unique shops, services and restaurants and shopping. Top ranking schools, over 1,200 acres of parks, open space and trails for abundant recreational opportunities. Short driving distance to the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the Central Valley. Easy travel by freeway and BART.
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Collaborates in a leadership role with the Managing Veterinarian as the “owners” of the hospital’s success.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Participates in the weekly, monthly and annual planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Plans and leads employee meetings.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Educates employees on hospital financial policies and procedures, medical protocols, and client compliance program responsibilities.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Manages vendor relationships.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Works with the Managing Veterinarian and DDO to oversee staffing needs including hiring, training, disciplining and terminating as required.
- Recruits new employees and participates in the selection process.
- Completes employee orientation, training and performance appraisals.
- Coaches and mentors employees and identifies continuous learning and skill building needs.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Mediates conflict and maintains employee morale.
- Manages front office staff including grooming and boarding staff.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Trains staff on client service initiatives and uses client visit growth best practices.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service.
- Manages client relationships; effectively resolves client issues and escalations.
- Oversees client follow-up procedures, including reminders and call backs.
- Utilizes client service initiative measurements to evaluate hospital and staff performance.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ensuring payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable.
- Manages accounts payable.
- Reconciles daily cash and monitors the petty cash.
- Continually drives revenue and manages costs to budget.
- Performs invoice audit reviews.
- Manages inventory and oversees the semi-annual inventory process.
- Controls all facility and administrative costs.
- Processes DVM production payments.
- Utilizes and implements the NVA Incentive Bonus Plan to meet hospital goals.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Customer service and marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including: coaching, development, performance appraisals, and resolution management.
- Customer service best practices.
- Interpersonal skills.
- General management skills including reporting and data analysis.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email, and practice management software knowledge preferred).
Qualifications: Education/ Experience
- The ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Capable of championing change and driving innovative programs in the hospital.
- Must be able to work well in team environment.
- Capable of quality decision making.
- The ability to coach, correct, develop and motivate employees.
- Demonstrates excellent time and task management.
- Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a Manager role.
- 2-4 years customer service experience.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility a plus.
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.