Transmission Technician will focus on transmission related issues along with diesel engine and bumper-to-bumper truck repairs.
Demonstrates highest level of knowledge & experience to diagnose and repair both simple and complex truck systems.
Maintain current knowledge of mechanics and mechanical test equipment, experience with Allison Transmission and Detroit Diesel engines preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary focus on Transmission related issues.
- Diesel engines and bumper-to-bumper truck repairs.
- Inspect transmission and/or engine for conformance to standard.
- Diagnose cause of nonconformance. Identify corrective action necessary to correct nonconformance.
- Diagnose and repair basic equipment wiring.
- Paper work and/or R/O documentation.
- Basic computer literacy and good verbal communication skills.
- Performs other routine duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver's License, ASE Certification preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical/vocational school; and/or three to four+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competitive wages and benefits, EOE/AAP/M/F/Vets/Disabled, DFWP.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Transmission: 3 years (Preferred)
- Class 5-8, RV and/or Bus: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Las Vegas, NV (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply