DuPont of Circleville has openings for a RD Area Manager, Facility and PSM Leader. The Circleville site is located approximately 30 miles south of Columbus, OH and manufactures Kapton® film, Tedlar® film, Teflon® film, Vespel® resin and housing an R&D facility.
At DuPont, Safety and Health, Environmental Stewardship, Highest Ethical Behavior, and Respect for People is our core value that is reflected in our vision, our business, and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover, The miracles of science™.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Provides Felt Leadership on Core Value performance, including compliance to DuPont Standards, PSM standards, Environmental regulations, OSHA regulations and area/site SHE policies. The Kapton® pilot unit handles combustibles and flammable additives and is considered a High Hazard Process. The research laboratory has full wet chemistry capability and maintains high workflow of diverse analytical testing activity.
- Creates and maintains a respectful work environment and maintains DuPont’s core values around ethics.
- Develops and leads implementation of future state strategic direction for pilot and laboratory facilities.
- Provides leadership and daily direction for the area including daily production execution to plan and staffing for success.
- Provides functional guidance to support teams for meeting cost, yield and quality requirements.
- Works effectively with Maintenance Coordinator to accomplish safe execution of daily maintenance tasks and area shutdowns.
- Drives accountability in Line Organization.
- Sets high standards for functional excellence and Operational Discipline and leads the organization to drive incident investigations to root cause and complete them in a timely manner.
- Coaches and develops direct reports and cultivates an atmosphere of learning and development in the broader Interconnect Solutions, Kapton® R&D Team.
- Works collaboratively within the Interconnect Solutions R&D organization, including sister sites.
- Supports Circleville site improvement initiatives through leadership and participation on site teams.
The following are required:
The following skill-sets are preferred:
- At least 5-10 years of industrial plant experience with exposure to PSM and OSHA.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills for coaching and developing others.
- Demonstrated ability to function at both tactical and strategic levels.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment around operational discipline.
- Demonstrated teambuilding and consensus building experience.
- Demonstrated influential leadership skills in previous areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated personal behavior that models and drives accountability for maintaining DuPont Core Values.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Chemical manufacturing experience, including Line Leadership
- Experience in building higher performing empowered work teams
- Experience and background in Quality Systems
- Knowledge of DuPont and OSHA standards and regulations, including High Hazard Processes
DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.