Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
Building data pipelines to manage marketing reports and optimize marketing spend.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered distributed software applications.
- Coding. Living and Breathing awesome Code.
- Be part of an agile team and sharing responsibilities of testing and development as the role demands.
- Strong quality focus including automation, design reviews, and unit testing.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills with orientation towards innovation and open source tools.
- Mentor and guide developers in coding, design methodology and design patterns.
- Conceptualizing, coding, deploying, and iterating on next generation prototypes.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions.
- Cross team development with Product managers, Project managers, engineers, and QA to deploy innovative solutions to meet business unit requirements
- An experienced Data engineer with Spark, Hive and Hadoop technologies
- Strong track record of excellence, and of delivering high quality innovative software!
- Outstanding coding skills in Java ,Scala and python
- Ability to trace the data transformations and tune them appropriately to reduce the time and cost of execution.
- Building distributed back-end systems using Java and related technologies is a plus
- Exposure to Data Science and experience integrating with science models
- Expertise in SQL technologies and RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience in noSQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis) is a plus
- Strong understanding & usage of algorithms and data structures in your designs
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement
- Team player - work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environments
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong skills for verbal & written communication targeting technical and non-technical audiences
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS:
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.