Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Assist project teams with technical issues in the deployment phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the deployment of equipment already configured, or preconfigured; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle. This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems that support SUN’s infrastructure; Windows and Application systems that support Asset and Patch Management; Networking equipment (Both Wired and Wireless); Camera equipment; Printing Equipment; and Phone Equipment.
Actively use in-house ticketing software to keep track of all work performed, prioritize tasks based on level of importance, and track time worked throughout each day.
Clinical / Technical Skills (40% of performance review)
- Engineering of JSA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Help maintain an existing cloud environment of Office 365, which includes some Online SharePoint Administration, User Administration, Asset Creation, Tracking, and Management.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Verify backup operations where appropriate, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up per policy.
- Provide support in a Windows 10 environment per requests from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- An Understanding of Networking and the OSI Model to be able to provide effective troubleshooting of issues that arise.
- Perform testing, and terminating of infrastructure wiring as needed.
- Work with vendors where product support is available by being their on-site contact.
- Maintain a local Cisco Call Manager and Unity Phone system as needed.
- Verify and apply OS patches and upgrades as needed on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain site server/network environments and monitoring equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Safety (15% of performance review)
- Strives to create a safe, healing environment for patients and family members
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports “near misses”, as well as errors and accidents promptly.
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific safety.
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports quality initiatives.
Teamwork (15% of performance review)
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families, staff, and physicians.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of communication.
Integrity (15% of performance review)
- Strives to always do the right thing for the patient, coworkers, and the hospital
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission and Values of SUN Behavioral Health to personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through supply usage, ordering of supplies, and conservation of facility resources.
- Exemplifies a professional image and attitude at all times.
Compassion (15% of performance review)
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality patient care for patients.
- Willingness to be accepting of those in need, and to extend a helping hand
- Desire to go above and beyond for others
- Understanding and accepting of cultural diversity and differences
- Required: Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree, with a technical study in computer systems, networks, and/or operations
- Preferred: Current Microsoft, Cisco, and/or Brocade Certifications
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- May substitute experience for education
- Required: Two to four years Systems Administration, and four to six years Desktop Support experience.
- Preferred: Minimum of one (1) year experience in a behavioral healthcare setting
- May substitute education for experience
Job Type: Full-time
- System Administration: 2 years
- Information Technology: 4 years