Campari Group is a leading global player in the luxury spirits industry with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands including such iconic brands as Grand Marnier, Espolón, SKYY, Aperol, Appleton Estate, Wild Turkey, Russell’s Reserve and Campari a key ingredient in one of the most famous Italian cocktails in the world, Negroni. Through innovation, development and acquisitions, Campari Group continues to create a story with consumers by capturing the spirit of “toasting life together”. At Campari Group it starts by setting the bar high and developing brands though the inspiration and creativity of our people. Not only do our brands create a captivating, unique experience but so do the people behind the brands. This is a company where leaders are created and our people and brands are our passion.
The Senior Buyer, Non Product Related is responsible for the procurement management of non-product related (NPR) materials/services in line with Campari Group procurement guidelines and the relevant category strategy. In partnership with the Procurement Director, Americas, this role ensures efficient and effective procurement coverage of NPR activities intended for the U.S. local market in the marketing, commercial and service related areas.
In line with the procurement mission, the objective of this role is to ensure efficient, effective and continuous supply of materials and services for Campari America and to support the design and the implementation of the most appropriate sourcing solution through negotiation and contracting process, constantly investigating opportunities to improve our cost-base in a sustainable way.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- In collaboration with Global Category Director (GCD) and Global Category Buyer (GCB), guarantees the execution of the strategic plans supporting, when needed, the Global/Regional NPR Buyers with the negotiation with the suppliers
- Support Global Category Director (GCD) and Global Category Buyer (GCB) with market analysis including SWOT, Porter and other models to assist in negotiation process and supplier development
- Support Global Category Director (GCD) and Global Category Buyer (GCB) in negotiating best total vale for all categories include supplier selection, pricing model/formula, contract negotiation.
- Ensure the delivery of productivity via creativity, leveraging scale, new supplier introduction, threat of competition, and other procurement tools. Ensures direct reports deliver productivity. Maintains a cost-savings list for implementation and influences decision making to provide resources and time
- During the contractual phase contributes and supports GCD/GCB in definition of the legal protection, SLA’s and operative clauses
- Coordinates the vendor qualification and vendor rating processes for the materials/services he/she is responsible for. In conjunction with the business stakeholders, carries out vendor audits, and supervises the supplier development process.
- Provides input for macro-economic analysis and material cost hypothesis and analysis
- Contributes to price scenario set up and the estimate related to the materials/services under his/her area of responsibility to be included in the budget for the assigned category/ies
- Supports GCD and GCB in budget preparation and highlighting business impacts, such as cost, productivity, etc.
- Supports GCD and GCB in preparing the needed documentation for the revised budget sessions.
- Provide value added ideas and projects to reduce cost and increase productivity
Takes an active role in facilitating continuous improvements of the procurement functions contribution to the business, for example:
- Helps to look for solutions to fulfill marketing needs for the new product development and other innovation projects
- Proactively provides insights on new materials, organizes supplier presentations and ensures follow-up on the agreed action plans.
- Pre-aligning with the budget stakeholders, he/she prepares all the relevant documents for the tendering processes (e.g. RFI/RFQ/RFP, Supplier Code, NDA, Solvency check, Scorecards etc.)
- Inserts contracts on a shared repository, and monitors the appropriate contract implementation ensuring the compliance with terms agreed. Under the guidance of GCD or GCB defines supplier hierarchy and carries out activities necessary for supplier and material coding.
- Responsible for implementing and executing process to ensure supplier compliance with contract language and agreed KPIs (including negotiation of repayment, refund, or incremental supply in case of non-compliance).
- Bachelor’s degree required with a post-graduate degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in purchasing for Non Product Related (NPR) materials/services at a multi-national level
- Procurement experience in indirect materials mainly in Marketing and Trade area negotiations
- Strong knowledge in negotiation with BTL/ATL agency, events, market research, influencers
- Consumer products experience required with beverage industry experience as a plus with a preference in A&P Category
- Spanish and or Italian fluency as a plus!