Create, coordinate and complete import and export of goods and products between the company and vendors/agents or domestic and international customers. Manage the document preparation for shipments and transports of goods, as well as the inventory transactions in the accounting software. To interface with various departments (accounting, sales and marketing, customer support and manufacturing)) to accomplish a closed-loop accounting program that meets all corporate requirements.
Key Responsibilities, Skills, and Requirements
- Statistically oriented analysis that understands Chart of Accounts and GAAP accounting methods
- Review contracts and letters of credit
- Develop and maintain transportation contacts, procedures, etc. on domestic and international freight that meets the business and customer requirements
- Interface with agents, brokers, carriers to facilitate incoming shipments of customer owned products as well as outgoing shipments to customers
- Generate and maintain all shipping documentation
- Ensure Radiometrics is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials
- Advise on any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution.
- Management of inventory data entry functions.
- Enter inventory transactions into the accounting software (i.e. - product builds, scrap, material issues, etc.)
- Train other BWG users on appropriate software usage. (Understanding of MAS 90 SW is desirable)
- Perform month and year-end closing procedures for the inventory control module
- Assist in the annual physical inventory audit process.
- Interface with the Accountant on Job Cost
- Speaks and writes fluent English
- Formal training in Incoterms
- At least an Associates degree in accounting, a Bachelors' degree preferable.
- Provides support to Accounts Payable
Other desirable qualifications:
- Typically requires a related four-year degree
- AS degree or equivalent in accounting is preferred
- Requires a minimum of 4 years' experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles including GAAP
- Ability to utilize an automated inventory management system
- Gregarious personality
- Good diplomacy skills
- Experience with Business Works Gold (BWG)
Note: This job profile should not be construed to imply that these duties, responsibilities and requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow these and any other instructions, and to perform any other duties as may be required.
This job has functional responsibilities to both the accounting manager/CFO and the VP of Manufacturing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule