We are looking for an experienced fraud/criminal investigator with strong analytical skills to become a member of our investigations team in the US. The position will report to the Director, Financial Integrity Unit based in Redmond, Washington, and will be a key member of the worldwide Financial Integrity Unit. The Financial Integrity Unit is responsible for reducing financial fraud and abuse losses by efficiently and effectively investigating allegations of financial misconduct. Although the position will primarily focus on investigations in the Americas, the successful candidate may conduct investigations worldwide as necessary.
Develop and bring complex financial fraud investigations to successful conclusion and summarize findings through written reports; initiate and maintain communications with senior management, legal counsel, key business partners, be a great team mate; provide guidance and support to less experienced investigators and analysts; identify and use appropriate investigative tools and technologies to achieve maximum efficiencies and effectiveness; develop and participate in education and awareness activities as part of the fraud and abuse prevention program; and liaise with our partners and business units to develop and maintain partnerships, and to gather knowledge that could be used to improve processes and build business solutions.
- Experienced in conducting, leading and supervising complex financial fraud investigations in an organization providing audit, internal auditing, finance, legal, or law enforcement services.
- BA or equivalent in Business, Accounting, Law, or other related discipline.
- Minimum four years work experience with knowledge and skills in conducting complex fraud investigations related to sales deals, corruption, and/or procurement fraud.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in either Spanish or Portuguese is required.
- Strong organization, presentation, communication, writing and interpersonal skills are required.
- Outstanding analytical abilities and experience working with exported data sets.
- Experience in conducting interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete cases/projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Able to work extended hours and flexibility with time zone demands.
- Requirement to be able travel domestically and internationally at short notice to complete investigations.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and One Note)
- Certification such as CPA, CFE, or equivalent
- Proficiency in other languages
- Experience conducting, leading and supervising investigations in the Americas
- Familiarity with channel distribution concepts.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-changing environment.
- Familiarity and experience working in a forensic team that has used fraud detection technologies and data analysis tools.
Building Customer/Partner Relationships, Cross Boundary Collaboration, Impact and Influence, Interpersonal Awareness, Policy, Compliance and Accounting Expertise
- Flexible to remote work locations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.