The Group Events Coordinator will report to the Sr. Director of Group Sales and will have the primary responsibility of assisting with the coordination and implementation of group sales programs and events, as well as managing respective support staffs. Core to this role is the ability to lead effectively, be highly organized, and maintain strong relationships within the Bucks organization and with prospects, customers, and vendors.
Ideally, this person has a strong working knowledge of the group sales business and the ability to multi-task both in the office and at games. Expectations for the groups function is to grow to be top 5 in the league in group tickets sold and group revenue generated which means that we will rely heavily on this role to support new and existing initiatives and relationships for the groups department.
- Serve as the liaison between the sales staff and other departments to ensure all programs and events operate at a world-class level
- Supervise seasonal intern(s) assigned to the groups department. Duties include recruitment, training, scheduling, project management, accountability, and evaluation
- Manage the Group Event Facilitator (GEF) program, including recruitment, training, scheduling, and evaluation of Group Event Facilitators
- Coordinate group giveaway materials, inventory needs, and materials for additional projects.
- Manage the Group Master Schedule, including all Fan Experiences
- Manage game day schedule, including responsibilities and assignments for sales reps, interns and GEFs
- Supervise the execution of Fan Experiences
- Coordination and execution of category-specific sales events
- Assist Sr. Group Director in managing the expenses and budget of the groups department
- Be a leader and a role model internally and externally
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Research and lead generation within specific categories
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Sr. Director of Group Sales
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrates a positive and personable attitude
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Ability to work well as part of a team towards achieving department and company goals
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as customer service and problem solving skills
- The ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics) is essential
- Must have the ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients and escort potential customers on seat tours and fan experiences both on game days and non-game days
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Polished presentation skills with the ability to confidently react to situations in a timely and professional manner
- Minimum of two (2) years in a coordinator, event planner, or service position
- Four-year college degree
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Management experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.