- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Six Sigma Certification
- Project Management
- Communication Skills
- Root Cause Analysis
Facilitating/leading multidisciplinary/interdepartmental system wide performance improvement teams in collaboration with multiple clinical team leaders and senior administrators without direct supervisory responsibility over team members. Responsible for scoping projects, developing project plans and assisting with implementing solutions.
1. Facilitate/lead performance improvement teams in collaboration with multiple clinical team leaders and senior administrators without direct supervisory responsibility over team members.
2. Employs a variety of rigorous improvement methodologies, such as Lean/Toyota Production System, Rapid Cycle Testing, root cause analysis, FMEA, Six Sigma, statistical process control etc.
3. Maintains strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders and customers including C-Suite, Physicians and Front Line Staff.
4. Communicates regularly with team stakeholders and executive sponsors about team progress toward goal achievement, critical factors and obstacles. This includes presenting to Executives and Front Line Staff.
5. Provides senior level project management support to multidisciplinary and often interdepartmental teams focusing on high-priority strategic quality and safety initiatives across Piedmont Healthcare.
6. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend practices and procedures that focus on quality improvement, safety, increased productivity and reduced cost.
7. Drives continuous improvement activity around quality, safety and patient experience. Acts as a change agent.
8. Trains and mentors more junior members of the team in facilitation and analytic methods.
9. Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable process improvements.
10. Researches best business practices within and outside the organization.
11. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science or a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of progressively responsible project management or process improvement experience with a Bachelor’s degree or three (3) years progressively responsible and relevant project management or process improvement experience required with a Master’s degree. Previous experience leading process improvement projects or Kaizen events is required. Exceptional organizational skills required.
Master’s degree in Health Systems/Health Administration, Business/Management, Public Health or a related field preferred. Engineering degree with strong project management/interpersonal skills strongly preferred. Certification in Lean, Six Sigma or CPHQ strongly preferred. Big 5 Consulting or Epic experience preferred. Superior written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner to both executive and staff level audiences.