Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder's Salt Lake City, UT Office is seeking a Senior Transportation Project Manager to join our team.
This position will primarily manage a diverse portfolio of transportation projects focused on pavements, structures, retaining walls, although other project types also be encountered. Delivery of these projects will be through the use of construction management, design/build or alternate delivery methods.
Services provided include, geotechnical engineering, environmental, design services, program/construction management, and materials testing and instrumentation. This position will effectively manage all phases of project scoping, scheduling and fee development in the proposal phase; delivery including initiating, planning, design execution, construction phase services, monitoring, controlling, invoicing preparation and closing; and communication with our diverse team of resources located both locally and nationally, our teaming partners and the client. Design/Build experience with other projects types is also preferred.
The ideal candidate will have current knowledge of the Utah Department of Transportation market and have the ability to develop work with new and existing clients. Will work closely with Kleinfelder Client Account Managers and Business Development staff to develop strategic teaming relationships.
Demonstrates skill in:
development of scope of work, project budgets, work breakdown structures, and schedules; project controls, quality management plans; developing project staffing plans that includes the right resources including quality assurance and peer review team members; effective communication with team members, client and stakeholders; risk analysis and mitigation; and procurement of sub consultants, subcontractors, and other direct project costs.
- Follow Kleinfelder policies and procedures for project proposing and delivery
- Work effectively with project support staff to monitor and control project to achieve financial target metrics for all projects.
- Mentor and coaches project team members and provides constructive feedback on team member performance.
- Work with client organization staff and Client Account Managers to identify, develop, and propose on future work assignments. Project sizes are up to $10,000,000 in gross revenue with four or more service lines per project and five or more subcontractors or sub consultants managed per project.
Travel to project and teaming partner locations is required. Estimated at 25% - 50%
- Minimum 10-15 years of civil, geotechnical or related engineering, consulting or construction management experience, 6-9 years Design/Build project/program/construction management experience and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required. 5-6 years of supervisory/management experience required.
- Proven experience in project/construction management with fiscally successful large transportation CM projects with DOT or toll-road agencies required. Utah DOT, NTTA experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in leading large, technical diverse teams of professionals required
- Advanced Knowledge and experience in the use of MS Project or other similar Project Controls software
- Superior organization and communication skills required
- Proven experience in business development required
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Construction Management, or related technical field required. Master’s degree in engineering, construction management, business, or related strongly preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.