Thank you for your interest in working at our community. For a quick apply now, please email your resume or overview of your work experience and indicate which position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Director of Dining Services is responsible for establishing and maintaining all standards of quality, conduct, customer service, and productivity within the Dietary Department. Promote a thorough and continuous understanding among all employees of the importance of the Dietary Department to the quality of life for residents and prospective residents. Maintain a holistic perspective of service and total care of all residents.
Burr Ridge Senior Living is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Director of Dining Services Job Responsibilities:
Director of Dining Services Work Experience:
- Innovate, plan, promote, and supervise a food service program that meets or exceeds Spectrum Standards.
- Continuously monitor and appropriately address the resident population for shifts in preferences, values, and attitudes by leading the Spectrum Food Committee.
- Recruit, hire, train, discipline, and supervise a full complement of staff. Maintain department records and perform administrative functions
- Establish, document, direct, and assist with general kitchen and dining room sanitation procedures.
- Prepare schedules for all shifts, for all kitchen and dining room staff and post in their work areas.
- Coordinate with community leadership team for any special functions or needs of residents.
- Comply with all state, local, or federal rules, regulations, and licensing requirements related to health, safety (OSHA) and general operations of the Dietary Department.
Director of Dining Services Educational Requirements:
- Serve Safe certification or equivalent required
- State and county specific certifications
- Two years’ supervisory experience within a dietary environment
- Experience in senior living, hospitality or healthcare dining preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of equipment operations and maintenance; knowledge of nutrition and diet; and knowledge of kitchen layout and design.
- Possess general knowledge in the following areas of operation: productivity, costs and budgets, energy conservation, purchasing, receiving, storing systems, preparation and serving techniques, pilferage and portion control, personnel development, kitchen sanitation and general management of Dietary Department.
- A continuous, demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the elderly and their needs, and the competency to meet those needs on a consistent basis. An interest in and willingness to learn and a demonstrated initiative in development skills in caring for the elderly consistent with the philosophy and policies of the community.
- Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary, and\or Dietary Manager Certification preferred, or the ability to become certified
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401K; PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement;
- Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.