General Summary: Under direction from the General Manager, this position will provide managerial direction to the Operations Department of the Municipal Authority.
Education: 2-year degree with a technical background preferred.
Experience: 5 years supervisory experience. Experience in a utility field is preferred.
Knowledge: Water and wastewater operations, safety standards, construction methodologies, budget management, computer literacy. Water and wastewater license strongly desired or must be able to obtain once hired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the field operations staff, both water distribution and sewage collection. This includes but not limited to; customer work orders, site maintenance, regulatory sampling, dye tests, service complaints, landscaping, and preventative maintenance.
- Report and/or review all required testing for the water distribution system as required by State and Federal guidelines.
- Implementation of the Operations and Maintenance Plan, Emergency Response Plan, and Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
- Compile all Annual and Monthly reports as required by the PA DEP.
- Implement and oversee the Safety Program for the Field Operations group.
- Evaluate operational needs and present data to the General Manager in a professional manner.
- Review of developer projects, Authority construction projects , and provide department help as needed, included "on-Call" assistance as needed.
- Resolution of customer complaints.
- Be able to work and maintain a synergy between the Office and Field staff.
- Track employee time off, vacation requests and employee training as needed.
- Provide the General Manager with a monthly operations report as required.
Working Conditions: Duties may be performed in an Office or in and outdoor environment in a variety of weather.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)