ARMY ACTIVE DUTY:
United States Army
Serving Full Time
The Army counts on active duty Soldiers for day-to-day operations. Each Soldier has his or her own specialized training and serves a critical function within his or her unit.
What Is Active Duty?
Active duty Soldiers serve in the Army 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the duration of their service commitment. Think of it as working a full-time job.
Where Will My Family Live?
Both single Soldiers and Soldiers with families may live on an Army base.
Single Soldier barracks are equipped with general-purpose washrooms, an apartment-style kitchen area, walk-in closet sand a common area. Families are provided with modern housing with yard space, appliances, laundry rooms and a garage free at no charge.
What Kind Of Job Will I Have?
When you make the decision to join the Army, you will take a test called the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB). Think of it as the Army's version of the SAT. It's designed to help the Army understand your skills.
Once you complete the test, you'll be able to choose from a list of 150 Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) that match your qualifications.
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be 17-34 years old
- You must be in good physical condition
- You must have a clean legal record
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified student scan earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTHSUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
****YOU MUST QUALIFY TO JOINTHE US ARMY RESERVES TO QUALIFY FOR THE JOB AND BENEFITS****
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Commission
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Bonus Pay
- Commission Pay
- Signing Bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Baltimore, MD (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative