Voter Engagement Phone Banker
Location: Mi Familia Vota Houston office
7500 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, TX, 7703
Temp/Part-time: December 2, 2019- December 14,
2019 (20-25 hrs/week)
Payrate: $14.00 to $15.00/hr
Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is a leading national civic engagement organization dedicated to empowerment and civic participation in the Latino community. MFV/MFV EF develops, coordinates, and implements sophisticated non-partisan field programs and strategies including citizenship promotion and assistance, voter registration, and voter education and mobilization.
MFV/MFV EF works to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. Year-round, MFV/MFV EF engages with Latino communities around six issues: immigration, voting rights, the environment, worker’s rights, education, and healthcare.
Mi Familia Vota is a 501(c)(4) organization and Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is a 501(c)(3).
Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is implementing a phonebanking Get Out the Vote program for the
2019 run-off local elections in Harris County. Phonebankers will be responsible for calling Latino voters with the goal of encouraging Latinos to vote in the 2019 run-off elections and identify the issues that the voter cares about.
- Engage with community members over the phone.
- Use a computer program to track and report phone calls.
- Follow the required reporting procedures.
- Bilingual – Conversational in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Legible handwriting.
- Can work flexible hours, approximately 20 hours per week.
- Must attend training week of November 25, 2019
How to Apply
Please email a copy of your resume and a brief letter of interest to angelicar @mifamiliavota.org
The email-subject line should read “2019 Phonebanking Program” or it may be overlooked. No phone calls, please.
Visit our website at www.mifamiliavota.org for more information.
Mi Familia Vota is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities and LGBT candidates to apply. Mi Familia Vota, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create an employment contract. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer and employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This job description has been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate the job functions and basic duties, in addition to „peripheral tasks‟ or that could generally be considered “other duties as assigned”. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma