The Visual Media Specialist is responsible for producing video content and building graphic animations and still graphics for distribution to external constituents on digital platforms.
Job Duties Required Education Bachelor's Field of Study Broadcasting/Film/Digital Media/Graphic Design or related major Required Experience 1 year of relevant work Other Required Qualifications
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D, Adobe Audition and Adobe Media Encoder is a plus.
- Cinema style, DSLR camera experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of general production equipment (Sony FS7 & A7S, DSLR, audio, lighting, etc.)
- Extensive experience in creating and implementing motion graphics for social media channels.
- Extensive experience with non-linear edit systems (NLE).
- Self-starter who works efficiently.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Work well with others, and contribute to a positive team environment.
- All employees are expected to fully support Baylor’s mission to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community. All employees of Baylor University are expected to fully support and contribute to the university
Preferred Education Bachelor's Preferred Field of Study Preferred Experience 3 years of relevant work Other Preferred Qualifications Part time/Full time Full Time Avg Hours per Week 40 Work Hours Business hours; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday plus evenings and weekends as needed Physical Demands
See Job Description
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for eligible staff and qualified dependents
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Pullin Family Marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
- Conveniently located in Waco, Texas, Baylor University is approximately 90 miles from both the Dallas-Fort Worth and Austin areas. To learn more about life in Waco, visit http://wacochamber.com/community/about-waco.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Pay Rate Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Detail Information
Vacancy Number S039842
Open Date 06/25/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants