Current Employees Must Apply Through Their Employee Kronos Account
School Based Health Medical Assistant / Certified Nursing Assistant assists the Registered Nurse and Physician in triaging students that enter the health suite. Performs various medical tasks: vital signs, administering OTC medication, etc. Completes the patient intake process, assists in providing daily care, and documents information in the medical record, etc. The position is responsible for greeting the customer and providing quality customer service in person and on the telephone, and for verifying insurance information for patients seen by clinicians.
10 Month Position:
Not available during Baltimore City Public School Summer Vacation period.
Patterson High School:
100 Kane St, Baltimore, MD 21224
Mon - Fri:
8 AM - 4:30 PM
1. Patient Intake:
Collects and records data regarding patient nutrition, activity, mental state, temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight, BMI and Pain Assessment on every visit.
2. Acts as a liaison between the respective school, health center, and community:
Consistently identifies patients at risk and takes appropriate action and informs nurse and/or clinician
- Documents medical charts and writes notes, as necessary, in an accurate and thorough manner.
- Generates after visit notes
- Accurately documents vital signs, allergies, and other standard information.
- >80% score on audits
- >80% discrepancy rate
5. Customer Service:
- Enters and edits appropriate demographic data on patients accurate
- Updates insurance information as appropriate
- Ensures all registration forms are updated annually and signatures are obtained
Consistently displays professionalism in dealings with customers, staff and clinicians as observed by Manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certificate of completion from an accredited medical assistant program AND
Certified Nursing Assistant License:
Active, or eligible to activate, in the State of Maryland
12+ months of clinical experience in a family practice or pediatrics office