Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Austin, TX, USA
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
In this role, you will work with leading enterprises and startups to realize the power of cloud computing with Google Cloud Platform. You will handle customer escalations by combining business acumen with strong technical assessment skills. You will develop your team members into highly skilled troubleshooting experts who can diagnose a wide variety of cloud computing issues within minutes. You will build relationships with leaders in Site Reliability Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product Management that allow you to quickly solve complex issues and make you a trusted source of customer feedback. You lead operational excellence within your team with a focus on reliable execution. You may lead a functional area across the global team.
Click here to learn more about the engineering great support with our Cloud TSE team.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Lead a team of engineers who deliver technical support across all Google Cloud Platform products, including App Engine, Compute Engine, BigQuery and more.
- Develop the vision, goals, priorities and work alongside the team to accomplish them. Ensure high-quality customer service and ongoing technical skill development.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to translate customer needs into a better overall product; recognize trends in customer feedback and escalate issues within Google.
- Partner with Software Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering to manage production incidents in real time, with emphasis on timely and through issue identification and customer communication.
- Resolve high-profile escalations and issues, improve the customer experience and drive initiatives that increase their likelihood of success on our platform.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience building a technical, customer-facing team.
- Experience with distributed systems, Linux or Windows and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Internet-based applications, web servers, data storage, commerce engines, and Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Proven ability to operate in a customer focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization.
- Strong software development leadership skills.
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.