eLearning Project Manager
Location: Columbia, MD or Remote Locations in the USA
The Company Established in 2006, A P Ventures, LLC (APV) is an SBA-certified 8 (A) Woman-owned Small Business (WOSB) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). APV also is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in Maryland and Virginia. APV employees more than 100 professionals on contracts with several Government Agencies, achieving exceptional client satisfaction. APV is externally appraised at CMMI Level 3 for Development and holds ISO 9001 credentials. APV also holds several major federal contracts which allows agencies direct access to APV.
APV has created over 3000+ hours of online learning and is highly recognized small business with deep capabilities in creative online learning for clients across State, Federal and Commercial space.
APV has several e-learning contracts and we presently support learning and development contracts for various DoD and Civilian federal agencies, to include the Army, Air Force, and several HHS agencies. We need a seasoned training PM to lead one of our existing contracts supporting the Army where APV will be converting courseware from Adobe Flash to HTML-5 format. The Project Manager will lead several subordinate teams of Instructional Designers, Programmers, Graphics and Multimedia personnel, with each team simultaneously executing various phases of our courseware development cycle.
The Project Manager may work remotely or onsite at APV headquarters in Columbia, Maryland. Travel to visit the client is 10% or less of the Project Manager’s time, but the PM will have weekly or biweekly meetings by telephone, MS Teams, Go To Meeting, (etc.) with the client.
The Project Manager also will conduct Project Management/Administration.
Required Experience and Education:
- At least 5 years of proven experience managing e-learning projects, with samples of past projects ready to review
- Verifiable experience creating project management plans, milestone schedules, and work breakdown structures in support of projects for federal agencies
- Demonstrated experience in Instructional Designing and online training / eLearning, including application of the ADDIE process and conduct of Training Needs Analysis
- Past experience leading a large course refresh or conversion project which was delivered on time and within budget.
- Previous experience with managing a team of 5 or more resources
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Must be detail oriented and customer service focused
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Adult Learning, or a related area
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Hands on knowledge of development tools to include Articulate Storyline and other tools.
- Master’s degree in education, Adult Learning, Instructional System Design (ISD) or a related area
- Evidence of post-Bachelor’s degree instruction in ISD
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Certified Project Management Associate (CPMA)
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Agile Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Addie: 4 years (Required)
- E-Learning: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19