The National Recreation and Park Association is a national, non-profit service organization devoted to advancing park, recreation and conservation efforts that enhance the quality of life for all Americans. The Association works to extend the social, health, cultural, and economic benefits of parks and recreation. Through its network of over 60,000 recreation and park professionals, NRPA encourages recreation initiatives for youths in high-risk environments, the promotion of healthy lifestyles, and the conservation of natural and cultural resources.
We have a great opportunity for an Executive Assistant and Board Coordinator. This role is ideal for someone who is detail-oriented, proactive, and able to multi-task to support our President and CEO and Board activities. The successful candidate will be proactively supporting an executive who is frequently off site and works with a varied team. They will serve as an information resource to board and staff and will plan and schedule meetings, retreats and other activities by managing calendars; handling travel arrangements; creating expense reports and keeping all stakeholders up-to-date.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively maintain the President and CEO’s calendar, supporting them by gathering materials, briefings and other information as needed to ensure productive days and weeks, and by providing logistical and travel support.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for President’s meetings, retreats, and working groups, as assigned, including scheduling, note-taking, and assembling documents and materials and tracking follow up.
- Assist with preparation of meeting materials for a variety of platforms (web, video, computer-assisted) using a variety of computer software programs.
- Support special projects as assigned, including conducting research, project managing, and drafting materials.
- Create expense reports and tracking budgets and expenses as needed.
- Maintain contract and grant files, as needed.
- Provide typing, data entry, printing, copying, scanning, faxing as requested.
Board Coordinator -
- Coordinate the planning of all Board and Executive Committee meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Track projects/assignments given during Board meetings, and handle all follow-up to ensure timely completion.
- Draft meeting minutes; maintain governance calendar and support tasks associated with governance activities.
- Maintain and update the Board portal to ensure shared documents, dashboards, and databases and accurate and current.
DISCOVER the BENEFITS at NRPA!
NRPA has been named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post consecutively since 2014. Our campus boasts a warm professional environment, with a relaxing and peaceful view of nature at its finest! All staff receives access to indoor & outdoor eating areas, as well as indoor & outdoor fitness opportunities. Our facility has an air-conditioned fitness room with access to showers, as well as foot trails for the outdoor enthusiast. Full time staff enjoy a very rich benefit package that includes 403(b) matched at 6% and fully vested upon hire, group Health, Dental, and Vision for employee and family paid 80+% by the employer; Life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability paid 100% by the employer; 6 weeks paid family leave for new parents; accrue 26 Paid days off per year plus 13 paid holidays, eligibility in the first month of employment, Length of Service Awards and much, much more! NRPA is committed to promoting an environment of work-life balance. To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5-hour work-week, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions, Pet friendly office space and more.
$50,000 - $55,000 range.
NRPA is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to learn and become proficient with new platforms, programs and software
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively with different personalities and skill sets
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Recognized for proactivity, attention to detail, strong follow through, and high quality work product