ThermoWorks is looking for a full-time in-house videographer/photographer to be a key part of our creative team.
ThermoWorks produces weekly content for its blog and social media platforms centered around the use of thermometers in food preparation. We employ an in-house chef and have a demo kitchen and BBQ patio at our headquarters. Recent photoshoots and videos have included smoking brisket, grilling chicken tikka masala and baking sourdough bread. On the commercial side, ThermoWorks provides solutions to the food service industry and other professional verticals, and produces case study content highlighting success stories and best practices.
- Create and develop photos, videos, and audio for weekly food projects, educational content, promotional content, commercial case studies, etc.
- Work independently and as part of the creative team to story board, develop and produce multimedia content
- Document plans for photo and video shoots, including assembling inspiration and scrap files
- Develop and coordinate production schedules with other team members
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade (as necessary) all lighting, audio, and camera equipment
- Transport, and set up all video production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, both in the field and in house
- Transport, set up, and operate lighting, audio, and camera equipment on location or in house
- Post-production photo, video, and audio editing, including adding animations and special effects
- Archive photos and footage/organize assets server
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an area of study relevant to media production
- 5+ years professional experience with all aspects of photo and video production
- A professional portfolio of previous work (previous food experience, a plus)
- A strong technical knowledge of lighting, audio, and camera equipment (operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Proficiency with professional editing software, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.
- A proven ability to stay informed of latest developments and trends in photography and video production (familiarity with food conventions, a plus)
- Must be detail oriented, deadline driven, and have a commitment to producing quality video
- Ability to work with collaboratively with a team and drive photo and video production including staging, styling, and directing the contributions of others
- A proven ability to take direction
- Detail-oriented worker—a strong preference for using numerical grid values to make sure layouts are precise, rather than lining things up by eye
- A positive, up-beat attitude, looking to solve problems rather than take credit or cast blame
Located in American Fork, Utah, ThermoWorks brings scientific precision and robust industrial design to professional temperature tools for food safety and culinary excellence. The preferred brand among leading chefs and demanding operations, ThermoWorks sells direct to national chains, single restaurants, food processors and to consumers. Customers have direct access to expert instrument consultants and a full technical support team. An advanced NIST-Traceable calibration lab assures ThermoWorks products meet the highest performance standards.
ThermoWorks is a family-owned company. We offer…
- generous compensation, including bonuses
- strong work/life balance
- beautiful working environment
- professional development
- full benefits, including health, dental, and vision
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Production: 5 years (Preferred)
- Adobe After Effects: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts